The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

I wrote a little java application that switches presets, mute and master volume over USB. I'm thinking of porting it to a Arduino type of environment to come up with a small wired(!!!) remote. Ultimate goal would be to elimate any Studio Controllers such as Avocet from Crane Songs, if all speakers are driven with Fusion Amps.

This Java application sounds very interesting to me, can you publish it?
I would like to build a display showing actual source, voume and preset on a display without connecting it to a PC...probably with a Raspi or an Arduino, if possible?

I just started testing my 2 FA503 since last week, until now just with unity filters as a "normal" amplifier without equalizition with my old ELAC 205JET speakers. My first result: sounds very promising. I would even say "impressing", though I just listened about 2 hours to them...:)

A long term builder and Hypex user, I want to try a Fusion 3 way panel amp with a set of KEF speakers I have.
I have dowloaded the data sheets and filter design software (V4.8).
Trying to use the software without it being plugged into a Fusion unit has obviously got sections that wont work but trying to find my way round the filter design software has proved more difficult than I anticipated. The author(s) of the Filter Design software notes have me struggling to fill the gaps I find in the instructions when I try to follow the on screen procedures. I am quite familiar with analogue filters.

There is also no mention of the correct procedure to adopt in setting loudspeakers up in the real world.
Are there any better notes available anywhere that will asist one in using the Filter Design Software to achieve the performance it is obviously capable of and align loudspeakers in the rooms we have available or even outside in my garden- the best I can do for Free Space.

Many thanks for your reply.

Quite a few people have been praising the Fusion amps I wonder how they set them up -
maybe its time I hung up the old soldering iron and put the Avo out to grass !

Have downloaded ARTA software and their notes to see if I can glean anything from them. I must look at the DSP website.

HFD is clumsy to use. It would be nice to have a list of filters to select and edit. FIR Designer does this nicely :( REW also has a similar interface. Having to click the dot on the graph to select a filter is annoying, especially since it's prone to drag and change freq/q

FIRd_Ex1_04.jpg

FYI, there's a new version of HFD available. A number of bug fixes and improvements and they added in the ability to select digital filters (and a couple of other cryptic settings) for the DACs.

Thanks Hypex! I was hoping you'd add in that feature.

I noticed that the default (*) setting is "Short Delay, Sharp Roll Off", which is a reasonably steep min-phase filter. That's my preferred setting in DACs that have selectable filters.

Hypex, was that the setting the FA* originally shipped with? Or did you set that as the default during the update?

When the module is turned on there is a tiny tiny click, nothing to talk about. The issue that have been talked about earlier was that if you cut the mains it could make a harsch pop.
However in this new updated firmware (1.3) if you use autoselect source it automatically mutes after a short time of no sound (since it is just muted and not in standby sound returns almost immediately when you start playing again). This nice little trick from Hypex ensures that if you turn of the mains it is most likely already muted - No pop. Unless you cut the mains when playing fairly loud music then I don't think the pop is an issue anymore. I haven't heard it for a while now at least.. might also just be because i remember to turn it off first - but i sure did forget that at some point..

#Guyv
Okay I will see what I can do :) Hopefully it will help you guys going!

I will try. Though, I must say that I did not use HFD to do measurments. Was this what you hoped for?
I used REW. I will experiment with measurments in HFD at some point but no idea when.. I cannot help with HFD measurments at this point.
But I will explain how I did it. It worked for me :)

A how-to-measure using REW would be fine with me. I have no experience with loudspeaker measurements but I think that my technical knowledge is sufficient. :) So if using REW worked for you, I'm sure it will be good enough for me too. :worship: I assume we're talking REW from minidsp.com. There seems to be some good articles/tutorials on the miniDSP website. I haven't gone through them yet. Some reading to do for the weekend.