The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

After few hours of testing, I can say that when using a Reciever with Audissey XT32 the DSP from FA is adding a really bad delay to the signal. It sounds like the sub is then not a fitting part of the music. I had to delete all Biquads and let the XT32 do its Job, then it fits perfectly. Nevertheless, the FA251 sounds great and is more than loud enough for my Visation TIW250XS.

The delay is a fixed value ( adc/asrc-dsp-dac) and independant of used biquads. If you use a dsp sub you need to compensate this in your receiver by adding the same amount to your main speakers.

I can see that the prices of the fusion amps will increase by 10% from janurary 2019.

Does this means that the new revised version is coming out?
If so, what will be upgraded? I hope the pop will be eliminated. What else can we expect ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71.9 KB · Views: 852
The delay is a fixed value ( adc/asrc-dsp-dac) and independant of used biquads. If you use a dsp sub you need to compensate this in your receiver by adding the same amount to your main speakers.
Thanks for the info, but then it is strange that after removing the Biquads the Bass sounds to be in sync again. My Denon X4000 has afaik no possibility to set manually delays for the speakers.

I need to increase RCA input gain on FA123. How do I do that? In the manual there is a picture of a different PCB than the real FA123. In the manual on the picture there are two jumpers, J9 and J8 but on text 3 jumpers are mentioned. On the real PCB there are 3 jumpers wit different markings. One is J5 and the others without marking.
DygKb7.png

I need to increase RCA input gain on FA123. How do I do that? In the manual there is a picture of a different PCB than the real FA123. In the manual on the picture there are two jumpers, J9 and J8 but on text 3 jumpers are mentioned. On the real PCB there are 3 jumpers wit different markings. One is J5 and the others without marking.
DygKb7.png
Hi, just looked at mine. They are on the top PCB with the audio inputs. You will have to remove this board because they are on the bottom side which is blocked by the other board. I would advise against it unless you are proficient with soldering smd components.

Colin

@DannerD the price increase isn't new revised versions, in their email its simply costs have gone up.

I finally have a Behringer ECM8000 (new for £25) just need a mic pre-amp and I can optimise my speakers.

Just got mine aswell, £26 from amazon but took a month to arrive. The matching behringer umc202hd preamp works well with it, usb 192khz dac, analogue out, headphone monitor, works well for around £50.

I just bought FA253 and found some bugs in the process of adjusting HFD.
1. In the LIVE UPDATE state, slowly increase the delay of the second channel with the mouse wheel. Above 1500us, the system "boom", then there is no sound in second channel. Use the wheel to adjust back to 1500US, the system "boom" again, and then ,the sound comes back.
2, So,i dont't dare to use LIVE UPDATE, use the keyboard to enter directly, type in 2300us, enter. . . . The three channels at the same time "PA!PA!PA!PA!PA!PA....", that is a huge sound, I am running fast fortunate,cut off the power or my ears and treble will be burned.
3, LIVE update state, affter UPLOAD PRESET, the sound will be different, in other words, LIVE UPDATE is actually not LIVE.
4, in IM view, sometimes disable the sum the pulse pattern disappears, it may be that the Y axis is automatically scaled

There are currently two suggestions:
1. After the channel is set to the slave mode, the filter settings of the main channel are automatically synchronized, which can save a lot of adjustment time.
2, the user controls the Y axis zoom

I'm contemplating the purchase of two FA251 amplifiers as an upgrade of my current (diy ss) amplifiers that are about 30 years old by now. I thought about getting the FA123 and modifying my loudspeakers to a 3-way active system. But knowing myself, I doubt that I'll ever get around to finalizing such a project. :D So sticking to the FA251 will allow me to get Ncore amplifiers at a reasonable price and effort. I can easily attach them to the back of my Focal Aria 926 speakers where they'd be practically invisible.

I suspect that I could use the DSP for some room equalization and maybe some delay adjustment to optimize my out-of-centre favorite chair position. Or just bypass the ADC-DSP-DAC altogether by attaching an additional XLR directly to the Ncore amp input connector.

Is anybody else using a Fusion Plate as a full range amplifier? What's your experience? Any recommendations?

I'm contemplating the purchase of two FA251 amplifiers as an upgrade of my current (diy ss) amplifiers that are about 30 years old by now. I thought about getting the FA123 and modifying my loudspeakers to a 3-way active system. But knowing myself, I doubt that I'll ever get around to finalizing such a project. :D So sticking to the FA251 will allow me to get Ncore amplifiers at a reasonable price and effort. I can easily attach them to the back of my Focal Aria 926 speakers where they'd be practically invisible.

I suspect that I could use the DSP for some room equalization and maybe some delay adjustment to optimize my out-of-centre favorite chair position. Or just bypass the ADC-DSP-DAC altogether by attaching an additional XLR directly to the Ncore amp input connector.

Is anybody else using a Fusion Plate as a full range amplifier? What's your experience? Any recommendations?

I think that one of the main advantages of a multi-way DSP amplifier, such as the FA, is that it can simply eliminate passive crossover completely with multi-way speakers.
Of course, you can use it with an existing passive speaker with good results but this way you will not be able to experience what these amps really are capable of.

Connecting to analog XLR you cannot bypass the DSP. Or you mean AES digital input? With AES or other digital input, only the ADC stays out of the way.

I think that one of the main advantages of a multi-way DSP amplifier, such as the FA, is that it can simply eliminate passive crossover completely with multi-way speakers.
Of course, you can use it with an existing passive speaker with good results but this way you will not be able to experience what these amps really are capable of.
All true. However it also requires me to have sufficient knowledge and, I assume, some measurement equipment to properly redesign the crossover in the DSP. I have no experience with that. The full-range approach is more or less plug 'n play. What sonic properties can I expect to improve by going from a single-amp passive crossover to a DSP crossover multi-amp? I'm sure that I can configure low/band/high pass filters at the frequencies that the passive crossover uses with the Hypex HFD software. But how much fine tuning does it need after that. What kind of acoustical measurements does people typically do? Can someone give me a brief overview?

Connecting to analog XLR you cannot bypass the DSP. Or you mean AES digital input? With AES or other digital input, only the ADC stays out of the way.
What I meant is buying another 16-pin connector like this with another XLR. Unplugging the existing cable between the NC250MP board and the DSP board and plugging in the new cable into the H-Box connector of the NC250MP board. Of course you lose all the functionality of the DSP board and "reduce" the FA to an NCore amplifier module on a metal plate. But if you don't need the DSP, why go through the ADC-DSP-DAC.