The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

The gain levels where adjusted for the NC502 input sensitivity, so the smaller amps where running to "hot"

All NCxxMP amps have a gain of 25.6 so the inputlevels for full power (4 ohm) are:

NC122MP : 3.6 Dbu
NC252MP : 6.6 Dbu
NC502MP: 9.6 Dbu

This is corrected ( dsp) in the upcoming firmware update.

The gain levels where adjusted for the NC502 input sensitivity, so the smaller amps where running to "hot"

All NCxxMP amps have a gain of 25.6 so the inputlevels for full power (4 ohm) are:

NC122MP : 3.6 Dbu
NC252MP : 6.6 Dbu
NC502MP: 9.6 Dbu

This is corrected ( dsp) in the upcoming firmware update.

Thanks ds23man. I was hoping whey had used the input levels of the 122 so we could expect a lot more power :)
I am not an E.E. so could you convert these figures to total voltage gain for each plate? I assume they will adjust for the lower sensitivity of the tweeter amp in some way?

Hi there,

I purchased the 123 Fusion Amp. But I use a 4Ohm Bass/Midrange. I now drive the driver in BTL mode and connected the red and blue cable to the driver (But 8 Ohms are recommended). I left the grey and black alone, do I have to connect the grey and black ones?

Is it possible to turn off one Channel of the Amp?

Or do I have to solder an 8 Ohm Resistor in one Channel and mute it?

thanks

chris

Hi there,

I purchased the 123 Fusion Amp. But I use a 4Ohm Bass/Midrange. I now drive the driver in BTL mode and connected the red and blue cable to the driver (But 8 Ohms are recommended). I left the grey and black alone, do I have to connect the grey and black ones?

Is it possible to turn off one Channel of the Amp?

Or do I have to solder an 8 Ohm Resistor in one Channel and mute it?

thanks

chris

Have a look at this attachment.
Do NOT connect a resistor. Just use both channels. You could potentially burn down your house if you forget to mute:eek:.

Attachments

• BTL.jpg
    BTL.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 889
Avoid these like a plaque

Just received a pair of FA122 amps.

On both modules automatic start with signal detection does not work.

When modules are switched off from the mains the presets disappear.:eek:

I have been waiting for response from hypex for a week now.

Other fusionamps are exhibiting also various other problems. Company has released products without proper testing and a lot of quality problems.

Other fusionamps are exhibiting also various other problems. Company has released products without proper testing and a lot of quality problems.

I had this too, intermittent start-up timing.
I then figured out it has to do with the fact I have a 1x buffer after the volume. The whole gain architecture has to be taken into account. My main speaker is 97 dB.
  • For the coupling to the Hypex I made a special 20 dB line out amplifier, and now the units starts up perfectly. Yes, I see it clips when loud but I never go that loud.
  • . . and now it starts perfectly, no problem.

Other fusionamps are exhibiting also various other problems. Company has released products without proper testing and a lot of quality

l used drum track to trigger the plateamp!;)

Last edited:
One of my two FA122 modules is defective. Both has the same settings and both are masters. I tried all volumes and inputs, but one module still don´t have output signal.
I will send one module back to repair. Support is corresponds within one week of sending, so slow work with them.

I can´t recommend them

How is imaging with the Fusion plate amps connected digitally with one master / left speaker and one slave / right speaker?
I read that with some older Hypex plate amps imaging was not perfect when connected digitally and improved when the amps were used with analog in instead.
This is very important to me.
Is it known if there is any delay between master and slave when connected digitally? (I believe this is done with an spdif cable correct?) Does anybody know how exactly this is handled? Where does the digital signal arrive in the master, what processing is done to it before it is sent to the slave, where does it arrive in the slave, etc. It seems to me this introduces a delay between master and slave right? I see no mention of this in the manual or how this is handled?
Furthermore when using a fusion plate amp for the left speaker and a fusion plate amp for the right speaker the clocks will not be perfectly in sync. Can this also have any effect on imaging?