The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Hello ds23man, thx for the info.
So they will deliver less than 125w, okay, but they wont be damaged from 2-3 ohm speakers?
Are there any rule of thump on how the output power changes for 2, 3, 6 and 8 ohm? It is not just constant voltage i guess then?

Normal rule of thumb: halving the impedance is doubling the power, but....

Amps have current protection and most of the time they kick in well below 4 ohms.

I have just talked to Hypex on email and this is what they said. The FA123 can handle woofers from 1 ohm and up when not bridged.

"
From 1 Ohm should be okay, in BTL 8Ohm is recommended.
125w per channel @ 4Ohm
75w per channel @ 8Ohm
115w per channel @ 2Ohm

Other impedance measurements are not available.

For the rest as long as above 1 Ohm should work."

And for the FA253:

"

FA253 will be:
2Ohm 180w
4Ohm 250w
8Ohm 200w
"

Just if anyone else was interested :)

I have a problem with sampling rate above 96k.
My system is 2 x FA123 + 2 x FA252 (1master and 3xslave). They are connected together with SPDIF and AES. When running SPDIF@192k, only the master is playing. When running AES there are constant dropouts on slave at 192k. Before I start digging any more... does any other have these problems?

Nothing too special, but still pretty unusual. Most recording studios stick to 44.1/48/96, because there is no benefit and a significant cost with 192.

Sorry but this is not correct. In Classical recordings it's pretty common to record in Sample Rates up to 192k because there is a raising market for Hi-Res Audio. I'm not talking about if there is a benefit or not. But it is definitely an aspect to consider.

EDIT: Another benefit I should mention for higher sample rates is the lower latency your system can work with (unfortunately we cannot change it in the Hypex Software). Especially for Recording Studios and Musicians who wants to record their amp in one room and listen to it while playing in your control room each millisecond can matter.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is not correct. In Classical recordings it's pretty common to record in Sample Rates up to 192k because there is a raising market for Hi-Res Audio. I'm not talking about if there is a benefit or not. But it is definitely an aspect to consider.

Not in the mainstream studios I know - but I guess classical is becoming niche, and of course audiophiles are prepared to pay for "hi-res", even if it isn't. So I still stick with my "most recording studios" statement, until I see evidence to the contrary.

On behafe of many forum members, I will ask for answers to Niels Mayers questions from post 553:

"However, for the FusionAmp, I'm not clear on the input circuitry, and other potential stages of A/D and D/A for analog inputs. Can A/D and the DSP be bypassed, for single channel use (e.g., FA251 FA501)? For the use-case of plate-amp-as-monoblock (equivalent to Nord Hypex NCore, B&O ICE Power 1200AS NC500 NC400 Amps For Sale ), what are the specs on the input circuit of the FusionAmp?

Other than the power-save-while-idle feature of the new "MP" series, how does the sound and specs compare to the now-venerable NC400 + SMPS600N400 combo? I understand the NC400 has a "discrete input buffer" whereas the new NCXXXMP require an external buffer provided by the system integrator.

In the new single-channel FusionAmp models, what is the signal path from XLR analog in to NCXXXMP? In the multichannel FusionAmps, what DAC is used tp render the output the SPDIF inputs and/or DSP? (Or is there a "direct digital" way of driving these class-D amps??)

In terms of audiophile use, is the NC400 potentially better-sounding with its built-in discrete input buffer versus whatever is used on the FusionAmp (and Nord)?"

Thanks, good regards.

hello,
i have two hypex 253 amps to activate my new 3 way speaker... they sound really great!

but i want to exchange my HFD fusion amp presets with another user.

how do i save the preset correct?

ive tried to open/import his "config.xlm" file.

i can see his settings but i cannot load this file to my fusion amp.

the menu folder "load filter to DSP" stays grey.

he has the 123 fusion amp. is this incompatible with my fusion amp?

This chapter seems to have been removed in the latest manual.

-----------------------
Input sensitivity
Since different FusionAmp models have different
output power, the gain is adjusted in the DSP to make
sure dBFS equals full power output. This also applies
to the analogue inputs.
---------------------

How is this done now? are there some analog gain available?

This chapter seems to have been removed in the latest manual.

-----------------------
Input sensitivity
Since different FusionAmp models have different
output power, the gain is adjusted in the DSP to make
sure dBFS equals full power output. This also applies
to the analogue inputs.
---------------------

How is this done now? are there some analog gain available?

answering my own questions...
Got an answer from Hypex:
--------------
this is the way it will be in the next firmware release (and should’ve been all along): So 1 dBFS input will be full output power @ 8 Ohm across the whole FusionAmp range.
--------------------
my understanding is then that at the moment I can't get any more power in 8ohm from my FA252 than from the FA123. Unless there could be some possibilities with the "offset from master volume"? I really hope this fimware will be available soon...