The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

I recently recieved my frist FA123 that i am planing to use in a 3-way revelator speaker.
So far I am just getting familier with the amp and Hfd. I have now used the amp to replace the ceossover in my old speaker. I really love theese modules! They sound great and Hfd is easy to use once you get used to it. I did not notice any hiss from my module.
It does however make an unpleasent "click" if the module is switched off by the main switch before it is turned off by the remote. Though i dont think it harms the drivers it does not sound good.
But All in All I think they are a very nice product!

I am wondering though, why there is the possibility to select bluetooth as an input in HFD? Does anyone now why?

Is anybody have configured analogue XLR master and slave configuration?

My master was unable to trigger the slave. Is it because the filter wasn't loaded to the plate amps? I got the message ... has successfully loaded to plate amps...

When I connect the notebook to the slave plate amp via USB cable, the green light didn't turn on but I was able to config the plate amp.

The green light only displayed when I switched between the presets via HFD.

And I was unable to toggle between the presets from the plate amp, only via the HFD.

And my slave always on (green light), it didn't die off together with my master, which has been set to 3 mins auto shutdown.

Thanks for any clues!

For a master slave config you must connect a spdif cable from master out to slave in.
If you use xlr for input the spdif is only for volume and off-on communication between the amps.
For volume you need a remote receiver.

Thanks for your assistance!

I got the answer yesterday by flipping via this thread and found your answer.

can I replace the RCA spdif with AES XLR? Both are for digital.

And can I config presets different from the master? Now, If I change preset of master to (1), preset of the slave also change to (1).

What I want is each master or slave have control over their respective presets.

Thanks again!

Does that mean there is no DC fault protection in Hypex plate amps? :eek: Or if it is there but it has failed to protect the speakers ?

I was witching off the physical rocket switch of the plate amp after I've configured the plate amp and filters, with sub-woofer connected.

Then a surge from the plate amp to the two 10" woofers. One dead and one survived. The woofer was about the same cost of a plate amp. However, I managed to get someone to fix the opened circuit woofer with a small fee, so still a happy guy!

I set the start up volume to -6dB; 10dB gain on the filters.

The start up volume was the default, - 40dB, initially but too soft while playing music.

After which, I learned from this thread that I could set auto shutdown to certain timing; the default was 15 mins.

Thereafter, I will never touch the physical rocket switch but set auto shutdown to 3 mins.

I don't know where went wrong so I can only tell facts. Or could be I didn't read the manual carefully.

Last edited:
Thanks for your assistance!

I got the answer yesterday by flipping via this thread and found your answer.

can I replace the RCA spdif with AES XLR? Both are for digital.

And can I config presets different from the master? Now, If I change preset of master to (1), preset of the slave also change to (1).

What I want is each master or slave have control over their respective presets.

Thanks again!

To my knowledge that is not possible.
1. It is the coaxial spdif that is used for communication for master/slave and volume and so., Not the AES.
2. Master slave config means the slave follows the master settings in volume and preset etc.
If you want each amp to control their own presets you must use both amps as master.