The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Fusion amps / adau1701

ADAU1701
2 ADCs: SNR of 100 dB, THD + N of −83 dB
4 DACs: SNR of 104 dB, THD + N of −90 dB
Not exactly audiophile performance....
Why have they chosen such a chip, maybe because there is no sw to develop? Sigma Studio is also available for SHARC..
And, the ADAU1701 is not even listed anymore on the Analog Devices SigmaDSP audio processors webpage.
Are they making the same mistake they did with the TI chip they are using on the DLCP?

From Hypex website:

The anticipation for our new Fusion-Amps rises every week, often we get questions about them. It seems like all the enthusiasts can’t wait for the release of this new plate amplifier range, including ourselves. In our earlier communications we announced the launch of the new Fusion-Amp range in the third quarter of 2017 but we need to postpone the launch to the first quarter of 2018.

Last edited:
ADAU1701
2 ADCs: SNR of 100 dB, THD + N of −83 dB
4 DACs: SNR of 104 dB, THD + N of −90 dB
Not exactly audiophile performance....
Why have they chosen such a chip, maybe because there is no sw to develop? Sigma Studio is also available for SHARC..
And, the ADAU1701 is not even listed anymore on the Analog Devices SigmaDSP audio processors webpage.
Are they making the same mistake they did with the TI chip they are using on the DLCP?

Although true, the cost of a SHARC processor is 4 times more and requires even more sub circuits to make it function, economically the ADAU1701 was perfect at the time.

Also, the ADAU1701 is still available. In fact we are doing research round this chip for a sub-woofer processor application which the chip in question is still
very relevant.

Chip specifications:

DSP: ADAU1450 using external ADC en DAC

ADC: 192kHz 24-Bit Enhanced Dual Bit ADC

SRC: AES/EBU –S/PDIF 192kHz 24-Bit

DAC: AK4454 768kHz 32-Bit

Looks like finally good spec'ed platform! Will it implement red LED-glowing V-regs like DLCP? I wonder if it is possible to daisy-chain Fusion amps for driving, for example, 4-way stereo systems...? If yes, how it could be done? Will it have 24-bit audio over USB? After I heard sound from NCxxxMP amplifiers I am so curious! :)

Will it implement red LED-glowing V-regs like DLCP?
Nope, not that i'm aware of...

I wonder if it is possible to daisy-chain Fusion amps for driving, for example, 4-way stereo systems...? If yes, how it could be done?
Yes, daisy-chaining can be done in digitial or analogue domain.

Will it have 24-bit audio over USB?
No, USB is for configuration with HFD only.