The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

@DannerD3H Hi, I use the 123 for 7" scanspeak 18W and 1" scanspeak alu dome. They're easily up to the job. I changed from 400w plate amps (ucd), and the Fusion is classes better in both low level detail, perspective/3 dimensionality and basis control + definition. I'd like to get going om mini DSP opendrc Acourate room correction as my room needs it - but even without, this is way up there. With a solidly built 2 way scanspeak monitor and Hypex Fusion you have a mighty system at hand.

I tired to do as the guide, and still No sound.
Tried to turn the volumen op to max, and still No sound or wibration from My sub.
Any suggestion fore what to try next? 😊

problem fixed :)

1. wrong cabel.
2. not wired correct.
3. total noob ;)

its it now wired as,
CH1 to sub 1
CH2 to sub 2

i have 2 subs in one cabinet, and was told to make a serie connection. but thats was wrong.

great sound and nice software

thanks to all for your time :)

Just to share the experience of the mode of green LED indicator light.

I've experienced the amp was unable to trigger after music played. The green LED light was flashing at the interval of ~2.5 seconds. It's fine ten mins before.

I checked the manual, the closer match was amp went into mute stage.

I couldn't even trigger the amp via the notebook therefore I switched off the amp, unplugged the power cord, and plugged it again. Powered up and the amp came alive again.

On the same day, it happened on the other amp. And this time round, I was very sure what was going on. It's because the power cord was loosen when I moved the amp during music played.

The green LED went to 2.5 seconds blinking mode (auto-mute, if I was correct) from steady mode.

- I don't know exactly why, but I have the feeling that the DSP lacks of precision. If I run the same filter settings over my PC/RME for example and use it with an Hypex Amp it sounds much clearer and less then drifting away sometimes. Could this have something to do with the clocking? Does Hypex use Oversampling internally?

Have anybody compared the fusion amps dsp and dac and the dlcp? The dlcp have gotten god reviews for sq. So if these are equally good it should be enough. At least for me.

SNR and THD+N values for Fusion are rated taking whole working unit (DSP, AD/DA, amplifiers and SMPS) upon consideration and DLCP is measured alone what seriously talks on side of DLCP. Fusion amplifiers are targeted as primarily cost-effective solution, whereas DLCP is still considered as truly non-compromise unit with its stereo, hi-end oriented AKM4396 DAC's (And, have you ever seen fully differential OPA1632-based analog output stages of DLCP on bottom side of PCB? Precision MELF's everywhere... Marvellous!)

Clocking scheme and raw D/A conversion quality of both are rather comparable and it probably has little to no influence on sound quality.

All in all, having an opportunity to evaluate DLCP, UCD400OEM's, and now NCxxxMP units I am dare to say Fusions are a bit ahead with overall SQ to DLCP with UCD amplifiers. Not talking about DLCP and NCxxxMP which work in my primary benchmark system = Wow!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Fusion Amps FA123 can handle 2,4 ohm speakers? If they can is it then still 125W, 250W or ?

I was considering to use them for a dual voice coil speaker with two 2,4 ohm voice coils. Just wondering if i could only use it in series or if it could be used in parallel as well.

Mortenke# Sorry i didn't see you wrote to me, Thx for the info! I am on a slightly different path now though :)

Does anyone know if the Fusion Amps FA123 can handle 2,4 ohm speakers? If they can is it then still 125W, 250W or ?

I was considering to use them for a dual voice coil speaker with two 2,4 ohm voice coils. Just wondering if i could only use it in series or if it could be used in parallel as well.

Mortenke# Sorry i didn't see you wrote to me, Thx for the info! I am on a slightly different path now though :)

They will deliver max power at 4 ohms.

No problem, all plate amps are tested at hypex during design in a wooden frame with the mounting plate upwards.

So why the recommendation to mount it any other way then that? Or am I only misinterpreting the instruction?

Also, will mounting the plateamp very close to the woofer in a OB speaker (think PAP) affect the amp itself or output?

Thanks again!