The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Had the same problem and contacted Hypex support. They can send you a special softwaretool via e-mail to solve this. You have to enter the serial number and it programs the configuration into the FusionAmp. Be careful to enter the correct serial number. It will not program a module when a serial number is present.

Configuration went ok. I have now 3 channels. The tweeter channel seems to have lower voltage gain (about -6dB compared to the other two). Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

I also bought one FA252 for bass drivers in my 4-way system to save some money. It seems that was a mistake, because I can't set FA252 to Left ch in one channel and at the same time Right channel in the other? (SPDI/F input)

I also bought one FA252 for bass drivers in my 4-way system to save some money. It seems that was a mistake, because I can't set FA252 to Left ch in one channel and at the same time Right channel in the other? (SPDI/F input)

You could connect both L+R to the FA252 and use the bass drivers in mono. Usually when the Xover frequency is low you don't loose much information

Is this how it is? My understanding was that all NC 500W, 250W and 100W have about 26dB voltage gain so you will get the same voltage from all three amps and the 500W will require more voltage to clip than the 100W?

When you start to add and subtract 6dB in software for one channel it gets more complicated. Espesially when optimizing the gain. You have to remember the 6dB. This is my opinion.

Is this how it is? My understanding was that all NC 500W, 250W and 100W have about 26dB voltage gain so you will get the same voltage from all three amps and the 500W will require more voltage to clip than the 100W?......

That only holds up if all drivers have the exact same efficiency. Otherwise you are still trimming input levels to match acoustic output.

Is this how it is? My understanding was that all NC 500W, 250W and 100W have about 26dB voltage gain so you will get the same voltage from all three amps and the 500W will require more voltage to clip than the 100W?

When you start to add and subtract 6dB in software for one channel it gets more complicated. Espesially when optimizing the gain. You have to remember the 6dB. This is my opinion.
Measure!

I have 3x200w for both tweeter, midrange and bass(they all have different sensitivity) - then 700W for subwoofers. But when my tweeter is 8ohms and 110dB it is of course 200W, but when my bass is 93dB and 3 ohms - things can get interesting. All I have to do is measure and adjust individual volume settings in my pre-amp or software(DSP). Never thinking of numbers as such, because when I use a lot of EQ on my drivers, I end up with a new level of SPL for a given input. So I measure each driver when I finished EQ'ing them and then attenuate the total level, so that everything match - easy :)

That only holds up if all drivers have the exact same efficiency. Otherwise you are still trimming input levels to match acoustic output.

I has nothing to do with driver sensitivity. It is just that the relative levels of voltage output between the amps does not match in software vs measuring the output. It would be nice if it did. In my experience it is more easy to handle such a system