The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Well I haven't heard the result yet. :) I was referring to the GUI compared to the old one.

Listening impression:

attachment.php

Attachments

• _DSC1995.JPG
    _DSC1995.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 2,158
Yes, but if the DIY will only have adau range of DSP, the AdMark also offer very very inexpensive class d modules with DSP. Their DSP price is arround 40-50$ on top of the amplifier price. You also have MiniDSP with ICEpower, Monacor/IMG have amplifiers with DSP and also with Pascal amplifier modules like Four Audio.

It's not very hard to find a class d amp or plate amp with DSP. I don't say Hypex is not great products. Just say that it's not a game changer

What I would like to see on the Hypex plates is a modular, digital bridge card system with Ravenna option like this here:

HEDD?s modular input card system HEDD Bridge

I think for 2017 and beyond, being limited to 80's standard digital protocols is a bit limiting. That new Dante Broadway chip is likely only going to be a few bucks a piece. And supposed to sound better than anything they had before. Those four Audio plates still use the old Ultimo cards.

https://www.audinate.com/products/manufacturer-products/dante-broadway

Yes, but if the DIY will only have adau range of DSP, the AdMark also offer very very inexpensive class d modules with DSP. Their DSP price is arround 40-50$ on top of the amplifier price. You also have MiniDSP with ICEpower, Monacor/IMG have amplifiers with DSP and also with Pascal amplifier modules like Four Audio.

It's not very hard to find a class d amp or plate amp with DSP. I don't say Hypex is not great products. Just say that it's not a game changer

At the end of the day you can't judge by specsheet's alone. You need to listen. I have heard all of the latest Icepower and Pascal M-Pro-2 and they are nowhere near the MP-502. The Icepower 700-AS sounded broken in comparison to the MP502. Maybe after the Iceedge amps are released it will be a different story though.

1 thing I would really like to see in them is connectivity via Audio over IP. But doesn't look that that's going to happen. Audinate just announced the very first AES67 complaint AOIP ASIC chip today. This should be a game changer as well for active speakers. Only problem is it's limited to 24/96 PCM.

Yes, AES67 is a real game changer (unlike just a slightly better integrated DSP/amp combo). A bunch of people are already pretty far on that path, just check out Genelec, for example.