The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Does anyone know why the tweeter module should only be used above 500Hz?

Would this be suitable for a full range driver, would it cause damage if crossed at 400Hz?

Will probably just use the FA122, but curious.

The NC100HF is designed specially for a HF channel. For this reason the output current is limited, the module can run on a higher voltage to have it compatible with all NCxxxMP modules. It is not recommended to use it for a much lower frequency as this will increase the risk of higher currents. Using a slightly lower crossover frequency is obviously not a problem. The nice advantage of running at the same rail voltage is that you have a lot of headroom for the HF channel.

Hey Jan-Peter,

I'm wondering if we have access to the filter settings in the AK4454s in these?

If not, can you let me know what filter has been selected?

Thanks!

No, I'm sorry there is no option for the customer to have acces to a different filtersetting in the AKM converter. Perhaps if we get more questions for this we will implement this in a later software update. We use the standard brickwall filter setting.

Wow, that's a bummer. The more time I spend on my reference rig (headphones) the less I can tolerate linear phase filters.

What's your policy for cancelling pending orders? I'm currently waiting for batch 2 and am thinking about going with plan B (a set of monoblocks from you guys, which are on my shelf waiting to be cased, and a passive crossover).

Thanks

Wow, that's a bummer. The more time I spend on my reference rig (headphones) the less I can tolerate linear phase filters.

What's your policy for cancelling pending orders? I'm currently waiting for batch 2 and am thinking about going with plan B (a set of monoblocks from you guys, which are on my shelf waiting to be cased, and a passive crossover).

Thanks

For cancelling please contact sales (at) hypex (dot) nl, Rudy will help you further.

@Byrne, I have Parallels installed, but I can never get it to connect. Do you have windows set up in Bootcamp?

@Jan-Peter, thanks for your response, I do understand, hopefully it will allow improvements to continue on the software side.

Is there a possibility to implement channel routing, so a single plate amp could be used to power a pair of full range drivers, or as we had intended to use in a boombox?

Is there any plans to release a 1 channel amp with digital inputs?

Is there a possibility to implement channel routing, so a single plate amp could be used to power a pair of full range drivers, or as we had intended to use in a boombox?

Is there any plans to release a 1 channel amp with digital inputs?

We have focused our selves to build a great product for active speakers, channel routing is more for a standalone solution. No plans for a 1 channel amp with digital input. Customer can use the 2- channel solution and bridge it.

Hi everybody, I am much interested in using the Fusion Amp plates in my active speakers and have been reading this thread from its beginning. However, I am not quite sure I understand the “sealed compartment” these plates are meant to be installed in.

From the manual :

Page 5 : “For best performance, theFusionAmp should be installed in a sealed compartment of your speaker cabinet.”

Page 13 : “The FusionAmp is not airtight. For optimal performancethe module should be installed in a separate compartment in the speaker cabinet.”

“The compartment in which the FusionAmp is fitted should be constructed of V-1 classmaterial. Additionally, a layer of V-0 class material should be fitted, on the innerside of the cabinet, at both sides of the amplifier module”

@ Hypex team : can you please answer a few questions about this :

• Is a separate enclosure mandatory (please explain)
  • Does it need to be sealed (please explain) ?
  • Are these performance or security recommendations ?
  • What is the impact on performance?
  • For instance, would a separation made of MDF or plywood within my speaker cabinets be convenient ?
and last but not least :
  • it seems like most people will probably need to build such unenclosures for their Fusion Amp plates. Why would not Hypex offer such enclosures either as standard or as accessory, rather than for everybody to build its own ?
Thanks.
Christophe.

Hi everybody, I am much interested in using the Fusion Amp plates in my active speakers and have been reading this thread from its beginning. However, I am not quite sure I understand the “sealed compartment” these plates are meant to be installed in.

From the manual :

Page 5 : “For best performance, theFusionAmp should be installed in a sealed compartment of your speaker cabinet.”

Page 13 : “The FusionAmp is not airtight. For optimal performancethe module should be installed in a separate compartment in the speaker cabinet.”

“The compartment in which the FusionAmp is fitted should be constructed of V-1 classmaterial. Additionally, a layer of V-0 class material should be fitted, on the innerside of the cabinet, at both sides of the amplifier module”

@ Hypex team : can you please answer a few questions about this :

• Is a separate enclosure mandatory (please explain)
  • Does it need to be sealed (please explain) ?
  • Are these performance or security recommendations ?
  • What is the impact on performance?
  • For instance, would a separation made of MDF or plywood within my speaker cabinets be convenient ?
and last but not least :
  • it seems like most people will probably need to build such unenclosures for their Fusion Amp plates. Why would not Hypex offer such enclosures either as standard or as accessory, rather than for everybody to build its own ?
Thanks.
Christophe.

Term "performance" here relates to bass driver low frequency performance in which enclosure you will mount the Fusion. Bass performance will suffer as it will be an additional vent with unpredictable Q.