The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

so I tried changing the file location for the filter design. It was defaulting to "d:/" which is where a usb drive shows up if I'm using one - which I wasn't. Changing the drive folder didnt seem to work: it kept defaulting back to "d". So I plugged in a thumb drive so there would be something there and that worked. Now I can build my filters, as long as I have usb drive connected.

Hi all,

I searched for hours but it's shocking how I seem to be the only one with this problem. Must be because I'm a noob?

When importing impulse responses from REW into HFD, the magnitude/SPL is all over the place

.. like there can be 100db difference between drivers :)

I measured all my drivers 0-24000hz. Using scarlet 2i2 and Dayton EMM6. Measurements look great in REW:

ssxkkG5Qd0pyc2Bwnyrid9-MoRbXNLk5cX5nO8IVwVbnRWIJ7OAIqmzRjqGRGkp3ka3VwpHrjhs6XetOS3TMg-WQM6HkBJwdsjC_AI1UgU4bmj4zz_lekxqiTM9NL7PMq2bzp7k5R0BCJtPdYwTuz3E

Purple=Woofer, Blue=Mid, Green=Tweeter

So I export the impulse as text, I keep my REW IR Window (not that it makes much of a difference), I don't normalize. Normalizing gives other crazy results. I basically tried using all combo's of the Export impulse window in REW.

Import impulse response into HFD and then I get:

9PgIpnzq__5nRxTjT724fTZHdfqYpuZoNKFGo9KoIjS87qzKuQxGhpiV61F-Ms8kM5V5_sO1Yqan_DaEcsxpvujgp8BvDVrsROvNKHpxmRMTJUnaLVwBzsBxEkgqHuCu9PvEr51521vJxLUIDt8MAuw

These are just midrange (channel 2) and tweeter (channel 3). The woofer (channel 1) is 100dB louder and nowhere to be seen :sneaky:

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hmm that's bad :rolleyes: Admittedly I'm more experienced with REW than with HFD, but I feel like REW is more user-friendly and intuitive to do these kinds of things. So splicing a nearfield and farfield is also possible with HFD?

Feels like doing these measurements this should be another chapter in the official documentation, not two paragraphs like it is today :cool:

Cheers, I do speak dutch and I understand the instructions. It's too late here to tell my kids to go outside for new measurements :p but I'll give it a go next week.

About VituixCAD: the difference is that you can (have to?) import a frequency response there, not an impulse file. I just exported my MID in REW and imported. Perfect match. Peak 88 db. In a way logical of course since the frequency response contains all this data. HFD y u no import frequency response file :giggle:

1713119165901.png

1713119199251.png

Edit: I found the option to import Impulse in VituixCAD and they look as weird as they do in HFD. So on one hand, my IR are broken, on the other hand, if I could import the FR into HFD I wouldn't care about IR.

If I find out how I can fix my exported IR I will report the fix here, might help somebody else.

Last edited: