The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

If I understand the diagram correctly, as I use a digital source via S/PDIF in, the signal that the second FusionAmp received is routed through DSP from the first FA’s S/PDIF in -> digital receiver (?) -> DSP -> digital receiver -> S/PDIF out -> FA2's -> S/PDIF in. No issues with latency whatsoever?

Thanks. I knew that daisy chaining is possible, however, what they have in mind is to connect multiple speakers. What I am thinking about is to use two amps within one speaker and I wonder how good that goes.

The "proper" solution, having the powerful FA version, only routes the source into the DSP once, and while the DSP processed signal in the main amp already continues to the DAC, it must return via the digital receiver into the other FA, where it is transmitted to the DSP and finally, five steps later then with the main amp, enters the DAC of the daisy chained FA. I just wonder if they will play together quite well this way and what it means for integration.

Reactions: 1 user
The digital signal will be directed pretty direct without DSP processing to the output, there will not be a lot of delay.
You will have to do some delay anyways with your woofer/midrange so this tiny and stable delay will run into this correction and be chancelled.

This is were I took my information about the routing from. The signal would pass through DSP, not?

9035A231-4B96-4CAD-AD9F-61AF590F028E.jpeg

Yes, it works fine here. I have two FA253 for my 3 ways loudspeakers + two FA252 for the subs connected via SPDIF in Master+slave+slave+slave (look at the FA manual
I also have 3 way speakers with FA 253's.I think I will also be daisy chaining my sub in the digital chain with a 252 bridged. At present I have to run my sub via the sub out in my Yamaha HTR. It's a bit of a pain always having to match the subs volume with the mains.

This is were I took my information about the routing from. The signal would pass through DSP, not?

View attachment 1220888
There is no arrow back from the DSP to the digital receiver. You also can't send channels AFTER DSP to a digital output (which is A PITTY!).
So I'm pretty sure they just pass the digital signal 1:1 from input to output in the "digital receiver" circuit, there should be minimal delay if any.

Reactions: 2 users
Beware that the FAxx1 models have only analog line and power inputs, no SP/DIF. But you can daisychain the volume control signal from the SP/DIF cable connection to them. Also one FAx can be only configured to left channel, right channel or mono sum and you cannot allocate one channel to left and the other one to right within one plate amp...

There is no arrow back from the DSP to the digital receiver. You also can't send channels AFTER DSP to a digital output (which is A PITTY!).
So I'm pretty sure they just pass the digital signal 1:1 from input to output in the "digital receiver" circuit, there should be minimal delay if any.
Yes this is also my interpretation of the flow of digital signal. Also the digital signal is passed on unchanged, with both left and right channel information (logically) so when you connect your sub (digitally) you can selct both left and right channels in the initial set up screen so that the sub is reproducing the total content of L and R channels.
What I am wanting to know is... with amps in Bridged mode will the gain be increased since the power in increased? Does any body know about this

What I am wanting to know is... with amps in Bridged mode will the gain be increased since the power in increased? Does any body know about this
I'm not sure what you are asking and why, but bridging decreases load impedance, that is "increases power sensitivity" of the speakers (I made up this term myself) and that's why it plays louder yes. On top of that, there are now two amplifiers instead of one, so you get even louder. It's the same thing with all bridges amps. But that does not make a difference in actual gain of the amp or DSP program.

I recently bought two FA123 amps from KFJ here in the UK and when I connected them to my laptop, HFD says one unit is FW: 1.51, the other is 5.4. I checked the DSP chips and yep, one is an ADAU1450 and the other is an ADAU1452. So I guess I have one unit that is capable of FIR filtering.

I'll phone KFJ tomorrow to try and sort it...hopefully wangle another FIR capable amp.

I have a question I couldn't find an answer skimming the topic, maybe I missed it, if so, I am sorry

I have connected my speakers to fa253 (3way) and I installed the oled and remote. I use analog xlr inputs on both amps. I use spdif/coax for controlling the slave unit pogram change messages.

The question is, with this setup I can omit the preamp and connect my source directly to fa253 and with this setup I have to listen around from about -30 to -20. Do I loose bits this way. If I use a preamp I set them at 0 and used my preamp for attenuation.

The question is, with this setup I can omit the preamp and connect my source directly to fa253 and with this setup I have to listen around from about -30 to -20. Do I loose bits this way. If I use a preamp I set them at 0 and used my preamp for attenuation.
Yes, you can connect the source directly to the main Fusionamp. You may even experience less hiss, noise, or distortion this way because there would be fewer analog devices in the signal path (assuming digital connection to the Fusionamp).