The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Thanks for pointing this out, any more detailed pictures available? :D

No problem. I would love to compare to yours. They look nice and I like that you haven't sold out and still build with pride in Germany. Well I have a couple more.

2dc714a386cc3959367d4958f44f9224.jpg
48522cbc7349833d32395d5c97728300.jpg

Well it only took me 10 seconds to decide I didn't like the 700asc. And it didn't get any better after I listened more. For me it's a subwoofer amp. But when I listened to the 100as, I was very shocked. I was actually hearing music coming from my speakers. I knew something was very different about this amp than all other Icepower's I heard. So that's when I decided to pull off the heatsink and see what the secret weapon was. It's definitely the 2nd best class D I've heard next to Ncore. And it's very close. But I haven't been able to get better sound out of any class d amp than I've gotten out of the NC-500's. But at much higher expense. My last NC-500 build is the best amp I've ever heard. My class A aficionado client who bought it also agrees. He went from a DHT tube preamp with class A amp to passive Autoformer preamp, and NC-500's and for him it's an endgame. He doesn't miss the old rig at all.

Have you have heard the new nc502mp or the nc252mp ? I'm trying to choose between a 502mp and a pascal based multi channel. I already have an nc500 based unit and it is fantastic.

Which Ti chip is that? Can you give an impression as compare to others.

I am using the tpa3250 and I like it a lot.

It's the 3251. Well the chip is important. But I imagine the rest of the parts on that board have some impact on the end result as well. Icepower did an excellent job. They can afford to hire pretty good engineers. That amp should be used as a reference for all other TI chip based amps.

Have you have heard the new nc502mp or the nc252mp ? I'm trying to choose between a 502mp and a pascal based multi channel. I already have an nc500 based unit and it is fantastic.

As I said earlier in the thread I have heard a Pascal based Gato amp and was not impressed lacked detail and wooly. The NCXXXMP sound superb very very close to a standard buffered NC500,

As I said earlier in the thread I have heard a Pascal based Gato amp and was not impressed lacked detail and wooly. The NCXXXMP sound superb very very close to a standard buffered NC500,

Yes if an all in 1 is a must for your application, hard to do better than the MP series. The NC-500 has much more versatility, and can be used as a building block component to achieve a much higher level of sound. But not at anywhere near the same cost and convenience of an all in 1 module.

Is it possible to buy the new Icepower AS modules somewhere?

They are OEM only. And must buy in cases of 400 unit minimum for these guys. I'm temped to buy a case, but really just like the Ncores, you need a very good front end paired with them to make them really shine.

Then there's a huge mismatch in price. I had planned at 1 point to make tiny little monoblock's in very nice little cases, with Furutech binding posts, OCC internal wiring with these and sell them for $500 a piece. But if paired with a $1000 front end, it would only sound like a $2000 system. On the other hand if you paired them with a $5000 front end, it would sound like a $10000 system.

But the problem is folks looking for a $5000 front end, don't shop for $1000 amps. As class D amps keep getting better and cheaper, the old school of spending equal on amps as the front end no longer applies. Because it costs way more to buy a front end that sounds good enough to be amplified unvarnished, and appeal to audiophiles.

The biggest complaint you hear about the Ncore's are not due to the Ncore's. It's due to the fact that the resolution is so high that all of the flaws in the front end are highlighted. So the amps end up taking the blame for the mediocre front end. They swap back the heavily voiced, low resolution amp they're used to, and all the flaws once again get buried in the hash. This is why I won't build a stand alone amp. As far as I'm concerned, a system should be built as 1.