The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

04700C1F-F367-4584-AA72-C567685D0D06.jpeg

very disappointing!

Reactions: 1 user
It is unclear to me what is meant by version 03xx.... My FA253 has the following part number / serial number information:
H05U003265-0105M0436-0074
WK/YR: 3819

So... do I have version "03xx" ?

Just try it, firmware is included with hfd 5.0 download room eq and filters were present after installing to the same directory as previous version.

And let us know of your results!

A proper explanation, technically. In a way I adore their (Hypex’) amateurish honesty, but from a perspective of B2C-business communications, I really do not understand why they disclosed this unavailable option in the first place. After all, the e-mail was assumably send to all registered users at diyclassd.com, Hypex’ B2C channel. If they had wanted to inform their OEM partners only, there should have been a better way. This is just a deliberate customer disappointment.

6E724F30-BFEE-4F3E-95F8-EA8DF8D832C8.jpeg
8D3469A5-8343-4A17-9D86-E53F2E0C21B4.jpeg

This is the DSP-board I had to exchange due to dumbness (hasty spinorama measurement -> catastrophy). Its the ADAU 1450 chip.

I hope they will change their minds, and I want to be fair: When I ordered the replacement part, the sales / support team, very kind in contact, asked for the serial number of the plate amp. They seemingly had to manually take care that a communication between the DSP-board and amplifier components was ensured. Something a small company can offer in case of a damage, but maybe not for a large scale revision of a whole product line. The only feasible option then would be to give away at own risk the means to flash the chips ourselves, and this is a lot to ask for, I have to admit.

Still, I think we should find a way how DiY-users could implement the new DSP-board and upgrade their incredible amps to FIR. @ds23man?

Regarding the serial no linking to the DSP board. Two of my plates did not work when I got them because they had forgotten to link the serial to the DSP board. They sent me a small program to do the linking myself. It took 5 min to fix this. I am willing to take the risk:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

does anyone also have the problem that when switching on and off by remote control of the FA123 modules after about 2 seconds a slight plop comes out of the speakers?

Had with Hypex already contact and it said that it is a hardware error and it no longer occurs with newer modules. But I now know someone who has two new modules and it still has.

Has the firmware issue been resolved now? All the modules that were delivered with 1.xx can also only be updated to 1.xx and all modules that were delivered with 5.xx to 5.xx ?

Greetings Dirk

Regarding the serial no linking to the DSP board. Two of my plates did not work when I got them because they had forgotten to link the serial to the DSP board. They sent me a small program to do the linking myself. It took 5 min to fix this. I am willing to take the risk:)
https://www.hypex.nl/products/dsp-family/dsp3-213

Mine always plop a bit but I don't mind it.