The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

In low-power mode, the FA amp section is powered up or is turned off completely? I ask because I am using a master-slave power strip to power up and down the Fusionamps (FAs are the slaves) and I am not using the low-power modes at all and recently I read somewhere that it's not good for a power amp to regularly cut-off the AC from it, because the startup inrush current quickly destroys the regulation circuitry. Is this true or dare I still use the master-slave splitter?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Does anyone know how to import a frequency response measurement into the Hypex HFD software?

The FR measurement can be exported from REW, but it is a different format than HFD wants to import

I've searched the web extensively but can't seem to find anything
Thanks
I've been considering Hypex as a possibility for an upcoming plan so to get familiarized I downloaded both and gave it a try. I did it on Mac and the wine implementation for the Hypex program is pure garbanzo. Getting the directories all wrong.

(I've seen a few posts where drivers were fried by the Hypex. Now based on what I've seen of their software I'm not so sure I'd trust it with a good driver. Be ultra careful!)

At any rate. From REW I could save files as .mdat , or hit "Export" from the "File" dropdown and "export as text". .

Into the HFD is another story. The Hypex manual says it wants it as .txt but when I hit import on the filter design panel it calls for .dat

I know this doesn't help you much but it bumps the thread up again and maybe someone will answer your question for us both.

I've been considering Hypex as a possibility for an upcoming plan so to get familiarized I downloaded both and gave it a try. I did it on Mac and the wine implementation for the Hypex program is pure garbanzo. Getting the directories all wrong.

(I've seen a few posts where drivers were fried by the Hypex. Now based on what I've seen of their software I'm not so sure I'd trust it with a good driver. Be ultra careful!)

At any rate. From REW I could save files as .mdat , or hit "Export" from the "File" dropdown and "export as text". .

Into the HFD is another story. The Hypex manual says it wants it as .txt but when I hit import on the filter design panel it calls for .dat

I know this doesn't help you much but it bumps the thread up again and maybe someone will answer your question for us both.
True, HFD is actually quite badly engineered software. It will crash and lock any other audio software on my Windows requiring reopening of all audio recording/playback software when doing uploads to the plate. Even though HFD itself isn't used to play/record audio and it's connection to the plate doesn't cross the audio connection path. I've sent feedback about this to them, but we can only hope it gets better in a future version.

I believe blowing up speakers was fixed in firmware some time ago. I haven't had any issues, nor have I read about anything recent.

Does anuone know how to import a frequency response measurement into the Hypex HFD software?

The FR measurement cn be exported from REW, but it is a different format than HFD wants to import

HFD will only import impulse responses.

So you need to export the REW frequency response measurement as an impulse response with "Export"->"Export all impulse responses as text"
Give the file a .dat extension.

In earlier versions of HFD you also needed to remove the first lines of the file containing info regarding the measurement.
Probably this is still necessary.

After those lines are removed it is possible to import the file in HFD.
The sample frequency needs to be changed into the one used for the measurement.

You may need to increase the span of the amplitude scale (zoom out) to find the response depending on the level of the measurement.

Yes, sad to hear.
Is the limitation on the software or the hardware?
The real question is: isn't it possible to tweak the plate?
My guess would be software limited. Better to sell two units then one.

I think MiniDSP PWR-ICR125 can be used as a stereo amp. But don’t take my word for it, think I read it some where

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If only after the Class D stereo amp I'd expect you should be able to bypass the input facia/DSP and input directly to the amp. There is a ribbon cable balanced line between the input facia/DSP unit and the separate amp module. Check out the user documentation for the stand alone mains powered version of the same amp for wiring pinouts (eg NC252MP user manual for FA252/253 pinouts). The ribbon cable connectors are readily available at electronics stores.
Note that the amps are configured for balanced inputs and while Hypex strongly encourages keeping them that way they have posted instructions on using an unbalanced input.
For stereo DSP though you need 2 DSP units.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
what is the correct input level for S/PDIF of Hypex FA123? I use a Raspi with Hifiberry Digi+ and when I use 100%, it currently has some distorted sounds with high level passages of a song. I mean that at some point this was actually not happening and went away, but I cannot tell for sure.
What is correct here?