The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

YESSIR! :-D
My little Intel NUC server could be anywhere on the network. Even hidden in a closet. I could run the home theater from the Jriver Jremote app, and the music playback from the Roon app. Both on my Ipad. I run Nomachine as a remote desktop on my ipad to tweak any of the settings. https://www.nomachine.com/ It's the best I've tried.

But I suppose it will be connected to the TV as well for a monitor. So could always just plug in a mouse or track pad as well.

Please explain!

Just like my Superstream streamer now, I will have ST fiber Ethernet inputs on my system. With fiber, it completely isolates any possible noise or interference from getting into the system. Also no chance of ground loops. Very cheap as well.

Attachments

• Mivera Audio Superstream.jpg
    Mivera Audio Superstream.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 374
I see. Thanks.
For my intended use this would mean having an AES/IP MUX on the front end (e.g. mixing console)?

What's your intended use? All that needs to be done to make one of these plates fiber compatible is use a fiber PHY instead of copper on the inputs. But not sure if Hypex does decide to end up putting AES67 into the plate if they would go that far. For me having heard the difference it makes in sound it's a no brainer. I also like that you can run up to 9km of cable with no losses. But the biggest bonus is audiophiles don't end up spending more time tweaking the Ethernet cables than listening to music. Because there's absolutely no way the fiber can be improved upon. A $12.53 Corning cable from Monoprice is as good as you can get.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10237&cs_id=1023714&p_id=6842&seq=1&format=2

Intended use would be e.g. church sound (here in Austria, we have loads of really old churches where speakers must be unobtrusible as possible and wiring is a PITA due to monument conservation regulations). I'm planning on two-way line sources, each 2way active, with full control from somewhere unseeable.
Of course, fibre is ideal, groundwise and else!

Just be careful with shielded cables - easy to create ground loops. I prefer unshielded to avoid galvanic connection.
The shielding on the ethernet cable should ideally be connected on only one end, since there is also ground provided through the power connection.

I rather not run AC next to the ethernet.
Ethernet is not really a problem to run parallel to most anything.

Ethernet uses differential signaling, without ground, and the standard requires galvanic isolation in both ends. This is normally done with transformers on the interface cards.

The requrement for galvanic isolation is because ethernet have a max distance of 100m, and the equipment connected will often have power from different phases.

Johan-Kr

Last edited:
Intended use would be e.g. church sound (here in Austria, we have loads of really old churches where speakers must be unobtrusible as possible and wiring is a PITA due to monument conservation regulations). I'm planning on two-way line sources, each 2way active, with full control from somewhere unseeable.
Of course, fibre is ideal, groundwise and else!

Well if Hypex decides to build AES67 into the plates, and doesn't put a fiber PHY, all you need is one of these fiber to copper converters right before the plate. But the power supplies they come with are very noisy and poor. So best to upgrade the supply with something that has low noise. Or the noise will pass right into the plate.

https://www.amazon.de/TP-Link-MC210CS-Konverter-Singlemode-Fiber/dp/B00172MK08

Then you'll either need a switch with fiber ports, or put another one of these after each fiber port on the switch end.

But the power supplies they come with are very noisy and poor. So best to upgrade the supply with something that has low noise. Or the noise will pass right into the plate.

This just after it was noted that even copper ethernet is pretty immune to noise and is galvanically isolated (as long as shielding isn't connected at both ends). So what is the noise path into the plate?