The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

That is a good idea, which i will follow as well...I just started to measure and figured that preset 3 somehow did not get uploaded, so there seems to be no filter....I corrected this with a fourth order LR at 60hz and gave the Sub a gain of +15db from 0Hz to 60hz....

...well, no protection LeD anymore....so, the fa251 seems to be actually strong enough...

Nevertheless I will now optimize the sub firther, see what parallel drivers will do etc. But I can say already that two Ripoles bring my speaker to a system from 25Hz up flat, I could not have expected any more...

When the optimization of these other setting i done, i will measure time delay and set that right and then we can talk about the SQ...I like already what I hear thought...integration seems to be seemless.

By the way: Currently I have only one input cable used for the Highlevel inpit, so left speaker is on the left speaker input, right speaker input is empty...am I wasting input level that way ? So, if I give the input signal of the left speaker to both inputs in parallel, will i gain +6db ?

Last edited:
Linkwitz used 60W amplifiers in his open baffle design with 28 mm linear X max Seas woofers, and this seemed to be sufficient to bottom out the woofers:
LX521 Description
You could parallel the woofers as Ncore should be able to drive that load.
Ripole uses opposition for excursion reduction. Active cone resistance helps lower the fs and limit excursion.

The New Hypex Fusion Plate Amps

Hello,

I finally took the plunge and got myself a pair of F503. Its been an uphill battle trying to set things up, even going with the simplest route for starts, triamping my passive speakers.
My problem right now is that my master module on he left suddendly stopped recognizing the HF channel. It shows on the filter design but not on the device settings, and doesn´t output. When plugging the USB cable as per manual, it doesn´t recognize the module. It shows the correct firmware, but lists Unknown on the module type, and on device settings it only shows the channel one and two, no matter how many times I change settings, force slave or master, upload different firmware versions, or use a different USB cable.
On the other module everything is fine, all channels are active, module recognition ensues as soon as I power up and shows up correctly,(FA503), with this computer and any of the two USB cables I have, so it definetely is some problem on the connection on the other module, and not the my pc or cable..

Does somebody have some advice before I have to contact Hypex, something I haven´t tried, not invalidating warranty of course?

Its a bit frustrating, I have them for like a month, have had not much time to try and get them working,and had only plugged them in a couple of times and try to set them up and have a listen with the two power channels active, today was the first day I was actually going to use the HF channels on the tweeters..
That USB connector always seemed a bit loose from the start, but worked with no issue till now...

Ok, just to close the loop regarding the ripole and the fa251:

- I paralleled the highlevel-input, so used left and right speaker inpit for one channel in parallel which brings 6db gain.
- I asked Axel Ridtahler if parallel chassis is fine and he said no prob as long as the amplifier can stand it, so now they are parallel with 1.6ohm, no protection led, but 6db more real pressure if needed
- I needed to learn the software, which needs some trial and error as there are as well some bugs when trying to automatically write settings from one preset to all others. Dont trust this function, not in the filter desgner nor on the EQ page. They simply do not write to the other presets. Each needs its on write command.

So, now its working well and is hammering the ripoles...quiet impressive that they are sonically so transparent. Just like your main speaker got bigger.