Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2019, 05:58 AM   #1121
colinyal is offline colinyal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommus View Post
I'm thinking about adding the remote module to my FA503s. What exactly are all the functions I can control from the remote? All the specs I've read on the website and manuals are not clear to me. Thanks.

You can control volume, mute, select input and select preset filter configuration.

Colin
Old 25th January 2019, 08:19 AM   #1122
Leliks is offline Leliks
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leutholl View Post
This might not answer your question: but what noise? My 253 is extremely quiet in all channels
Nypex mentioned noise may be an issue when a bunch of internal cords in back of amplifier plate is going near a coil, please try to put cords away from it.
Old 25th January 2019, 09:13 PM   #1123
Heikoh is offline Heikoh  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leutholl View Post
I wrote a little java application that switches presets, mute and master volume over USB. I'm thinking of porting it to a Arduino type of environment to come up with a small wired(!!!) remote. Ultimate goal would be to elimate any Studio Controllers such as Avocet from Crane Songs, if all speakers are driven with Fusion Amps.

This Java application sounds very interesting to me, can you publish it?
I would like to build a display showing actual source, voume and preset on a display without connecting it to a PC...probably with a Raspi or an Arduino, if possible?

I just started testing my 2 FA503 since last week, until now just with unity filters as a "normal" amplifier without equalizition with my old ELAC 205JET speakers. My first result: sounds very promising. I would even say "impressing", though I just listened about 2 hours to them...
Old 5th February 2019, 04:30 PM   #1124
Ianmac is offline Ianmac  Scotland
diyAudio Member

A long term builder and Hypex user, I want to try a Fusion 3 way panel amp with a set of KEF speakers I have.
I have dowloaded the data sheets and filter design software (V4.8).
Trying to use the software without it being plugged into a Fusion unit has obviously got sections that wont work but trying to find my way round the filter design software has proved more difficult than I anticipated. The author(s) of the Filter Design software notes have me struggling to fill the gaps I find in the instructions when I try to follow the on screen procedures. I am quite familiar with analogue filters.

There is also no mention of the correct procedure to adopt in setting loudspeakers up in the real world.
Are there any better notes available anywhere that will asist one in using the Filter Design Software to achieve the performance it is obviously capable of and align loudspeakers in the rooms we have available or even outside in my garden- the best I can do for Free Space.
Old 5th February 2019, 06:17 PM   #1125
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hello Ian,

At this moment there is no manual (or notes) on implementing an active dsp design. I am asked by Hypex to write this manual, but it wil take me several months to complete this.
Old 5th February 2019, 07:39 PM   #1126
diyAudio Member

Many thanks for your reply.

Quite a few people have been praising the Fusion amps I wonder how they set them up -
maybe its time I hung up the old soldering iron and put the Avo out to grass !

Have downloaded ARTA software and their notes to see if I can glean anything from them. I must look at the DSP website.
Old 6th February 2019, 07:08 AM   #1127
gnl is offline gnl
diyAudio Member

@Ianmac: This was written for the PSC2.400 but it gives a step by step introduction to using the HFD software: Hypex-PSC2.400d
Old 6th February 2019, 07:31 PM   #1128
diyAudio Member

@gnl
Many thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 02:51 AM   #1129
nyt is offline nyt
diyAudio Member

HFD is clumsy to use. It would be nice to have a list of filters to select and edit. FIR Designer does this nicely REW also has a similar interface. Having to click the dot on the graph to select a filter is annoying, especially since it's prone to drag and change freq/q

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th February 2019, 01:03 AM   #1130
guyv is offline guyv
diyAudio Member

This is very good news.
I wish you good with this project and will listen for interest for any follow-up or announcement.

Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Hello Ian,

At this moment there is no manual (or notes) on implementing an active dsp design. I am asked by Hypex to write this manual, but it wil take me several months to complete this.

The New Hypex Fusion Plate ampsHide this!Advertise here!