The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Some thing about the cooling duct: there is a barrier between the fan and the horizontal slits. The fan sucks the air in, blows downward in to the box. Then it travels over the pcb and exits via the duct and slts at the top.

But you made a lot of holes so this air travel is stopped and only the lower part of the amp module is cooled ( the smps part). Try taping of the holes!

Thanks for this Fedde, I was wanting to reduce the gain. Just FYI the NC100HF R76 resistor value is 4.7k. I did 2 mods, reduced the input voltage as per page 17 of the user manual and removed the gate resistors all 3 channels of my FA253. This cleaned up the gain structure of my system.

For what its worth, low level listening seems to have a bit more resolution but I was expecting a change so maybe there is nothing there :).

The amp worked after so that is good! I don't have correct screwdriver to undo the bolts for the input gain change so carefully used a 5/16 hex.

I got the info about Rg from Hypex, but indeed the NC100HF has a different gain by default.

Fedde

I'm not sure that such a question hasn't already been asked ...

Is it actually possible to reproduce (DIY- style...) a fusion amp-fa253 in its functional groups?
More precisely:

• 3x Purifi 1et400a amps including Hypex SMPS's
  • Protection circuits / switch-on delay (What would be recommended?)
  • A Hypex crossover / DSP would be set!
Why? I think the Purifi are some kind of "better" but I will get some ready made X-over files I have to use. So a functional 1:1 copy of a FA-253 DSP /X-over is set.

No one?

I am building some 3 way speakers with horns and would like to use a pair of Hypex Fusion 253 amps/crossovers

I want to use the speakers as part of a surround setup, with a PC as the front end. (J River), but also occasionally just link my phone directly (or a standalone bluetooth device)

Questions:
1) If I want to run these speakers as the L+R of a 5.1 setup, whats the best way to do that without dropping sound quality? I presumably want to feed the speaker with a digital SPDIF cable, but would also need to send the other 3.1 channels to another set of amplifiers? can I split this signal in the digital domain of the PC?

2) I take it that for a stereo pair, you only feed the signal to one plate, and it sends the appropriate signal to the other speaker?

3) If you only send the signal to 1 speaker, can it wirelessly connect to the other?

Last edited:
@ lbstyling

1) Even if you can split the multichannel output from the PC, you still need at least 3 more amp channel + DAC, so I think it's worth considering an AVR with pre-outs and you can drive the FA-s from the pre-outs, and the other channels from the AVR's amps. The FA's ADC is very good quality, you don't need to worry, but of course a good analogue source signal is necessary.

2) With digital connection, you connect one FA (master) to the source and the other FA is connected to the master FA as slave. With analogue connection, you need to connect both FA-s to the source (preamp, DAC, etc.) and don't necessarily need to connect the two FA-s together.

3) There is no wireless connection between the FA-s.

Your question is not really clear to me. Do you want to replace the amps of Fusion plate amps with Purifi. Or build your own config with DCLP? Or go fully custom with own DSP?

If I'm understanding, he wants to create his own DIY "home-rolled" version. I can advise you, from personal experience, it's a ****-ton of work... though it's been mostly worth it.

Thanks for coming back ;-)

Today I used my speakers with an analog but active X-over: preamplifier-> X-over -> three amps -> speakers.
The loudspeaker developer also offers a solution based on the Hypex FA-253. Since the Purifi are "better" than the Hypex modules, I thought about replacing the amplifier section. But for the reasons mentioned above, I need a Hypex DSP solution, so that I can still use the developers Hypex Config files.