The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

is it possilbe for someone with 503 to measure the voltage of the fan and the dimensions? Looks like an 80mm x 25mm fan.
Is it running with 12volt? The connection seems to look like 3-pin-Standard from computer without using the yellow one (speed control). So it looks like fan is just on or off and speed does not get controlled.

mb6zwdu6.jpg

https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/connectors/motherboards/motherboard-cpu-3-pin-fan-connector/

Is it also possible to take an foto of the fan inscripten to get some info about the air volume and speed (rpm / cfm / m³h)?
Then it´s maybe possible to take an extremly silent one (be quiet, noctua) from computer area with similar air flow and speed to make it unhearable.

Last edited:
Then it´s maybe possible to take an extremly silent one (be quiet, noctua) from computer area with similar air flow and speed to make it unhearable.

I've designed / tested many speaker systems using the FA503 amplifiers and the only time I'm conscious of fan operation is during stress testing. The fans just aren't an issue during normal listening.

For the Fusion 253, the resistor values are:

Rf = 3k3, Rg = 1.8k (Rg = R76 and R162)

See manual posted above how to calculate the gain. If you want to lower the gain, you need to raise Rg.

On the NC100HF tweeter board, you need to look for R76. The resistor values are the same there...

Fedde

Thanks for this Fedde, I was wanting to reduce the gain. Just FYI the NC100HF R76 resistor value is 4.7k. I did 2 mods, reduced the input voltage as per page 17 of the user manual and removed the gate resistors all 3 channels of my FA253. This cleaned up the gain structure of my system.

For what its worth, low level listening seems to have a bit more resolution but I was expecting a change so maybe there is nothing there :).

The amp worked after so that is good! I don't have correct screwdriver to undo the bolts for the input gain change so carefully used a 5/16 hex.

FA-253 DIY "clone"?

I'm not sure that such a question hasn't already been asked ...

Is it actually possible to reproduce (DIY- style...) a fusion amp-fa253 in its functional groups?
More precisely:

• 3x Purifi 1et400a amps including Hypex SMPS's
  • Protection circuits / switch-on delay (What would be recommended?)
  • A Hypex crossover / DSP would be set!
Why? I think the Purifi are some kind of "better" but I will get some ready made X-over files I have to use. So a functional 1:1 copy of a FA-253 DSP /X-over is set.