Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2018, 10:54 PM   #1011
Bingo1337 is offline Bingo1337  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb View Post
Have anybody compared the fusion amps dsp and dac and the dlcp? The dlcp have gotten god reviews for sq. So if these are equally good it should be enough. At least for me.

Fusion Amp DSP and DLCP should be the same.
Old 17th September 2018, 08:35 PM   #1012
jmansion is offline jmansion  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo1337 View Post
Fusion Amp DSP and DLCP should be the same.
dlcp is 6-way, all balanced etc etc. Its also an older design.

Do you have evidence that it is 'the same'?
Old 18th September 2018, 09:14 PM   #1013
Bingo1337 is offline Bingo1337  Europe
diyAudio Member

no it was just a guess because I thought hypex is too lazy to develope a new DSP design when they have a good working horse. I looked up the specs and they are quite different. For example the SNR and THD results of the DLCP on the analog site are quite a bit better than of the Fusion Amp DSP.
Old 18th September 2018, 09:33 PM   #1014
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member

SNR and THD+N values for Fusion are rated taking whole working unit (DSP, AD/DA, amplifiers and SMPS) upon consideration and DLCP is measured alone what seriously talks on side of DLCP. Fusion amplifiers are targeted as primarily cost-effective solution, whereas DLCP is still considered as truly non-compromise unit with its stereo, hi-end oriented AKM4396 DAC's (And, have you ever seen fully differential OPA1632-based analog output stages of DLCP on bottom side of PCB? Precision MELF's everywhere... Marvellous!)

Clocking scheme and raw D/A conversion quality of both are rather comparable and it probably has little to no influence on sound quality.

All in all, having an opportunity to evaluate DLCP, UCD400OEM's, and now NCxxxMP units I am dare to say Fusions are a bit ahead with overall SQ to DLCP with UCD amplifiers. Not talking about DLCP and NCxxxMP which work in my primary benchmark system = Wow!

Last edited by Windforce85; 18th September 2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old 19th September 2018, 12:45 PM   #1015
DannerD3H is offline DannerD3H  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know if the Fusion Amps FA123 can handle 2,4 ohm speakers? If they can is it then still 125W, 250W or ?

I was considering to use them for a dual voice coil speaker with two 2,4 ohm voice coils. Just wondering if i could only use it in series or if it could be used in parallel as well.

Mortenke# Sorry i didn't see you wrote to me, Thx for the info! I am on a slightly different path now though
Old 19th September 2018, 12:55 PM   #1016
emilkoz is offline emilkoz
diyAudio Member

Plateamp mounting angles

"The Fusionamp is designed to be mounted in vertical or horizontal position. It may be tilted in 45 degrees."

So If I was going to mount it on a flat surface (for instance on top of a box)... I shouldn't? Why so??

Thanks!
Old 19th September 2018, 01:25 PM   #1017
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

No problem, all plate amps are tested at hypex during design in a wooden frame with the mounting plate upwards.
Old 19th September 2018, 02:05 PM   #1018
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannerD3H View Post
Does anyone know if the Fusion Amps FA123 can handle 2,4 ohm speakers? If they can is it then still 125W, 250W or ?

I was considering to use them for a dual voice coil speaker with two 2,4 ohm voice coils. Just wondering if i could only use it in series or if it could be used in parallel as well.

Mortenke# Sorry i didn't see you wrote to me, Thx for the info! I am on a slightly different path now though
They will deliver max power at 4 ohms.
Old 19th September 2018, 02:15 PM   #1019
emilkoz is offline emilkoz
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
No problem, all plate amps are tested at hypex during design in a wooden frame with the mounting plate upwards.
So why the recommendation to mount it any other way then that? Or am I only misinterpreting the instruction?

Also, will mounting the plateamp very close to the woofer in a OB speaker (think PAP) affect the amp itself or output?

Thanks again!
Old 19th September 2018, 02:17 PM   #1020
DannerD3H is offline DannerD3H  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hello ds23man, thx for the info.
So they will deliver less than 125w, okay, but they wont be damaged from 2-3 ohm speakers?
Are there any rule of thump on how the output power changes for 2, 3, 6 and 8 ohm? It is not just constant voltage i guess then?

The New Hypex Fusion Plate ampsHide this!Advertise here!