I.AM.D V200 WIFI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm looking for a wifi amp like this. This thread hasn't been updated for years can I assume there is now a better Chinese wifi amp like this out there now and thats why this is no longer active?

Maybe not better but there are now alternatives. You might consider the SMSL AD18 (which seems very popular) or the D802E which is now also available in wifi form. I personally prefer the presentation of the STA based amplifiers such as the D802 to that of the V200 but the Texas chipped V200 etc. tend to measure better and are preferred by some /most - it is perhaps the old open vs closed loop amplifier argument.

Additionally there is now the more recent D2160 introduced as an upmarket option at approx double the price of the above.

Maybe not better but there are now alternatives. You might consider the SMSL AD18 (which seems very popular) or the D802E which is now also available in wifi form. I personally prefer the presentation of the STA based amplifiers such as the D802 to that of the V200 but the Texas chipped V200 etc. tend to measure better and are preferred by some /most - it is perhaps the old open vs closed loop amplifier argument.

Additionally there is now the more recent D2160 introduced as an upmarket option at approx double the price of the above.

Thank you for the reply.

I was looking for something that is compatible with Spotify connect and other apps. the i.am.d seems to be however it looks to be discontinued. I'll check the amps you've mentioned thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.