Fullbridge Class D PA ultra high power

I mean good sounds is for hi fi with 400kHz or higher PWM only small class D.

For pro Audio a 250kHz to 300kHz is good enough. It can be built up to 3000W easily. My amps work at 270-300kHz for half bridge. 200-250kHz for fullbridge. The amps sound superior compared to other class both clarity and power handling

Did you try a bessel low pas filter, a 24 dB octave, because I did sim with it quite good, use the middle of filter for feedback.

I have in sims seen that the use of very high speed mosfets and feedback opamps did very well, like the opa 2365 is a very good candidate, but needs low voltages, with this you get lowest hd.

I do go for high end, I try to make a audiophile version, but not now, first the circlotron and the making of the transformer, both allfet and hybrid.

regards

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Sim doesn't tell how good the sound is
Why?
Because your simulation can only simulate a single frequency. No mix. Not represent a music signal which is very mix and dinamic.

No body can make instantly a good amp directly from a very good simulation. You should make it real and hear it. And frequently you will need to check between trial and simulation until you get final result

Last edited:
Sim doesn't tell how good the sound is
Why?
Because your simulation can only simulate a single frequency. No mix. Not represent a music signal which is very mix and dinamic.

No body can make instantly a good amp directly from a very good simulation. You should make it real and hear it. And frequently you will need to check between trial and simulation until you get final result

Yes you are right, because some amps with terrible HD has sometimes a very good sound, and a amp with 0.0001 HD sound often clinical.

I did try a hybrid with only plate followers and no feedback, was the best sounding amp ever made by me. The digital versions I did not yet try, so coming winter I do, now I am busy with making a coil winder for the circlotron, programming it in a pic who I do not myself but a other guy.

Th bessel 24 dB filter is a nice approach to get good sound because it it's faseliniar, but needs 24 dB octave, with it I can a digital amp without feedback to try and with it, what I have done is feedforward to get it UCD.

regards

Last edited:
Fan7293

Looks nice driver, I have looked at it, the 600 volts bootstrap give it more immunity for defects and it is fast, however there is not a dead time circuit in it so need a extern schitttrigger delay.

the blown drivers I read much is because possible to high bootstrap voltages with high power amps, these ic,s can prevent, but the use of transient diodes is always a safe idea.

Is there a simulation model for this FAN7292?

regards

Hello friend, dead time, I applied it in r gate, and in fact, this driver handles, two mosfets per side, fdp2614 200v 62a 27 miliohms Qg 76 nc vcc 85v, enough power, at 450 khz, very high fidelity, greetings . This Fan7392 is exactly the same as ir2110

Did you try a bessel low pas filter, a 24 dB octave, because I did sim with it quite good, use the middle of filter for feedback.

I have in sims seen that the use of very high speed mosfets and feedback opamps did very well, like the opa 2365 is a very good candidate, but needs low voltages, with this you get lowest hd.

I do go for high end, I try to make a audiophile version, but not now, first the circlotron and the making of the transformer, both allfet and hybrid.

regards

In this topology, more switching frequency, more fidelity, in amplifiers of any power.

In this topology, more switching frequency, more fidelity, in amplifiers of any power.

I did some more things, one is a fase shift version, who is very low hd and a open loop multilevel version.

I do not now however what it does in real time, but sim looks good.

I have IR2110 I think 20 pieces, but sim model is not really a good one, so did behavior models.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1280 Jun. 24 13.03.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1280 Jun. 24 13.03.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • ScreenHunter_1290 Jul. 03 16.08.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1290 Jul. 03 16.08.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,053