Opinions on the SMSL SA-36A Plus?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've heard these are a much safer bet when it comes to a TPA3118 chip than the SMSL SA-36A Pro. I'll be using it to power two Klipsch R-14ms.

Here are the two listings that I'm considering. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Newegg as I have a $25 promo giftcard that expires.

SMSL SA-36A Pro 20WPC TPA3118D2 Digital Amplifier + Power Adapter Gold-Newegg.com

SMSL SA-36A Plus 30W TPA3118 Bluetooth AUX HIfi Audio Digital Amplifier Class d Power Amplifier Support TF card/USB/U Disk Input -Black - Newegg.com

I've had a bit of trouble finding reviews about the Plus. Seems you folk know a bit about these and was hoping someone could help. Can you adjust the volume without an app (the +/- keys), or are those like a track select for the SD functions?. I wont be using the bluetooth so I don't want to buy something that I can't use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.