Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Good quality inexpensive premade class d amp?
Good quality inexpensive premade class d amp?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2016, 02:55 AM   #1
bigbruggsy is offline bigbruggsy  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Good quality inexpensive premade class d amp?

Hi all, I've been searching and has any one had any experience with a good quality inexpensive Chinese pre made class d amp? or is this an oxymoron
Old 29th November 2016, 03:53 AM   #2
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito
Do you mean pre-made as in a PCB module, or finished and boxed product?

For the former I've found the best sounding classD is based on TDA8932, there are plenty of PCBs sporting these chips which are very inexpensive. But its not a total solution as you need some add-ons to get the best sound, this being DIYAudio. If you need more power then PCBs based on IRS2092 have a lot of potential.
Old 29th November 2016, 03:56 AM   #3
bigbruggsy is offline bigbruggsy  Australia
diyAudio Member

I should of been more specific, I started out looking for modules that I could put in the base of my B&O pentas but it seems very difficult to find ones that have built in power supplies, and I couldn't workout what power supplies i needed. So I think a finished boxed product is best for me.
Old 29th November 2016, 04:02 AM   #4
abraxalito is offline abraxalito  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito
As a DIYer I can't resist opening the lid and fixing up any sound quality issues that inexpensive stuff has, so far no finished product gets my recommendation as-is. So I'll leave the suggestions to others...
Old 29th November 2016, 07:30 AM   #5
Kjeldsen is offline Kjeldsen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruggsy View Post
I should of been more specific, I started out looking for modules that I could put in the base of my B&O pentas but it seems very difficult to find ones that have built in power supplies, and I couldn't workout what power supplies i needed. So I think a finished boxed product is best for me.
Shop - Audiopower.it Very good and reliable products (Italian not Chinese)

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/601...608.0.0.EtsAK0 Very good sound. Some modules can have some sound from PSU. Ask the vendor.

Class-Dmodule.com | Class D | digital | Amplifier | board | Boyoho Don't know these, but they hav ebuilt in PSU. Sold in Europe but they are Chinese (Boyoho and AdMark)

https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/I...er&blanktest=0 ICEpower - you should know that brand - Not Chinese but sold on Aliexpress

Connexelectronic I don't know their powered modules, but they are considered to be good value - Developer is european, but made in china

Last edited by Kjeldsen; 29th November 2016 at 07:32 AM.

Good quality inexpensive premade class d amp?Hide this!Advertise here!