Best TDA series class D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Can anyone suggest me best class D TD series audio amplifier for online buying? :)

Requirements is below:

1. 2.0 channel BEST audio amplifier in class D in terms of sound quality
  2. Single channel amplifier also be considered if sound quality is better.
  3. TDA series would be preferred.
  4. 40-100 watt audio output
  5. Please send link for the same if possible
  6. I will manage speaker and power supply as recommended

Thanks in advance :)..

Is this board good? Are those real 63v caps?
s-l1600.jpg

No significant turn on pop, the amp is OK. However, for the capacitors, those pictured in the ebay listing are usually for "information only" :)
- which means that you shouldn't expect the board you receive to be *exactly* like the one in the ebay photo... including the capacitors.
I've bought this amp on several occasions, and I never got the same capacitors. Don't expect the caps to be originals, either. On one board I got 35V caps - definitely fakes, too :)

As always, buying from ebay is a roulette: you never know what you'll get.
Nobody can guarantee that those are original caps, and even if they were, who knows what will be soldered on the actual board you receive from ebay.

So, either you take your chances and risk a few $$, or buy from a reputable online store, and check beforehand what you will be getting.

I cant decide between this board and two sanwu boards one without rca and pot and 1 with rca and pot. I like this board more because i would use switches for standby mode and I see this board has connector for cooling fan with adjustable voltage. And this board have better connectors for wires, I dont like those barrel connectors or screw conn. on sanwu boards.

And I would probably change those two big caps and add copper plate below that heatsing + fan.

Last edited:
A suggestion: A rather cheap board with TDA7498E. Briefly tested on DIYBudgetAudio.com under "TDA7498E based class D power amplifier".
The TDA7498E is somewhat more powerful than the ordinary TDA7498, so it may be worth a bit of extra cost.

You can also make a very nice amplifier with TDA8932 (in BTL coupling) or TDA8954. TDA8932 requires some additional work for the usual BTL economy boards, TDA8954 a symmetrical supply voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.