Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2019, 04:58 AM   #91
chermann is offline chermann  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigigirl View Post
Hi, I have a TPA3255-EVM board coming, so I thought I would check through this thread. A little shocked to find out about this Reset switch, not seen it mentioned anywhere else. Does that mean I need to reset it everytime I turn the amp on. Cheers
Hi
yes of course..i have the tpa3251EVM board and this is similar. i
guid line EVM says:
Set S1 to the RESET position.

f you want to avoid a on/off plop you have to set the switch on...this set the reset pin to GND for the moment the power supply is running up.

to avoid this you have to deal with an extra circuit -the pic shows the valuse of th chines YJTPA3255 board...so recheck it

at this post i got some advices from DOC to solve my issue: (thanks doc )
What is wrong with TPA3255?

chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA3255_no pop at power up.JPG (98.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 23rd February 2019, 04:32 AM   #92
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Default As the 1st post said Help Needed

Thanks chermann, That will be a pain, but it it sounds as good as it's reputation, I can live with it.
However I cannot get this board to work, I am trying to have in working in simple 2 channel configuration. I have over the years set many different boards up, even a TI 3116, simple normally, but this one has me beat.
Can anyone advise how to set it up for simple 2 channel. Using a 42 watt Meanwell 5 amp power supply for it.

Cheers

P.S, please don't ask me to read the TI.pdf manual as I have read it & cannot understand it.
Old 23rd February 2019, 08:34 AM   #93
diyAudio Member

Hi

i do not want to badger you....check all voltages -step by step

supply- regulator-opamps-tpachip..

give us more light to help you...pics..etc..

chris
Old 23rd February 2019, 01:09 PM   #94
Think is offline Think  Netherlands
Sin Bin

@gigi: in post 86 TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed) I posted a link for a finished $1 module you can use to hold the reset switch for you. And linuxfan added that you can connect it to the big black pin header (J28) instead of soldering it to the bord in post 88 TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)

Check you power supply, measure output voltage and/or try an other supply 18V should be enough.

Your bord came in BTL 2 channel mode. You can check the settings with the EVM user guide: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slou441/slou441.pdf page 6 if they are correct.

These few steps should give you sound.
-Connect 2 speakers to the big terminals.
-Connect a source (in AB and in CD)
-Connect power (and switch on) and the 2 green leds (3.3V 12V) should light up.
-Switch the reset switch to 'normal'
-Turn up the volume from the source.
Old 23rd February 2019, 05:26 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think View Post
@gigi: in post 86 TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed) I posted a link for a finished $1 module you can use to hold the reset switch for you. And linuxfan added that you can connect it to the big black pin header (J28) instead of soldering it to the bord in post 88 TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)

Check you power supply, measure output voltage and/or try an other supply 18V should be enough.

Your bord came in BTL 2 channel mode. You can check the settings with the EVM user guide: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slou441/slou441.pdf page 6 if they are correct.

These few steps should give you sound.
-Connect 2 speakers to the big terminals.
-Connect a source (in AB and in CD)
-Connect power (and switch on) and the 2 green leds (3.3V 12V) should light up.
-Switch the reset switch to 'normal'
-Turn up the volume from the source.
Old 27th February 2019, 03:42 AM   #96
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Hi Guy's thanks for all your help, amp is up & running now and I am please that set up (no case) It is supper, super quiet. A lot quieter than my previous Shure 200 watt amp, that always me rence interfenoise problems. However sound quality wise I heard more difference changing my phono amp op-amps to Bursons V6's that I do between these amps. Perhaps the 3255 has a little cleaner more impactful lower lower mid range. Still very happy with the result.

Cheers

TPA3255EVM to complete amp (advise needed)Hide this!Advertise here!