Building a loud amp..help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So...forgive me for being dumb with certain terms but im no techy when it comes to circuits! can make them etc but struggling to learn the basics of reading the schematics, great at following but not so much reading it and working it out myself (blown up a few items ha!)

But this is what i need to do, ive built a dock, i want to make a better amp for it as it just isnt loud enough for what i want, tried looking into the gain on chip amps but just am not getting anywhere at the mo and its like no one seems to know the simple way its all "read the schematic" ye i did that, R i know means resister but i can read them so ive no idea what im doing XD

So i managed to get my hands on a little amp, the TDA2822m and i decided to use this as a tester on my first build of a IC amp :D

However...again i cannot read schematics lol so could someone help in terms of...is there something i can use that can help me understand them abit better? i will be building it on a breadboard if that helps!

Also could anyone suggest a good IC amp thats clear and loud and runs from a li-poly battery :D

Hi stormrazer,

Great to see someone who is prepared to jump in the deep end and "learn by doing".

I guess you'll end up with a few junk items but will learn quickly and have fun. Just stay safe!

Cheers,
Mike

thought i would chime in on an update on progress!

Well i managed to build a working amp, also went out and decided to try my hands at building an lm386 amp, worked! mind you there was alot of noise as soon as i turned it up o_O i've no idea why!

Either way think im going to start looking into building a DC step up to convert the 3.7 volts to 6 volts, can someone point me in the right direction?

Oh! and in case i didnt mention in any previous posts, i can now read the schematics :D

So yes progressing is working in my favour at the moment!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Sounds like progress :)

Now then, dare I say that a stepup convertor possibly wouldn't be a good choice for the less experienced constructor. The critical component in any such design is the wound ferrite parts (typically an inductor). The other problem is that they are not 100% efficient and so you would be drawing quite a bit more current from the 3.7 volt supply. For example stepping 3.7 volts up to 6 volts and drawing 0.5 amps from the 6 volt rail might see you taking 1 amp from the 3.7 volt supply.

I'd be starting from zero looking for a suitable design but manufacturer data sheets are the way to go for worked examples.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.