Boss NXD3500 car amplifier hooked to an Onkyo 7.2ch home amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well Hello, im new here so please dont make fun of me, I have a Boss NXD3500 mono class D amp hooked to a Pioneer 1000w subwoofer that I removed of my car due to space limitations and the problem of that huge sound.

So now I have it installed in a room with an Onkyo amp, I made a rig with a car battery and a UPS so it can recharge the battery and 3 relays so when the amp turns on the UPS turns off and vice versa (That was made due to interference when charging the battery and the amp turned on)

First, I wanted a house amplifier for my subwoofer but didnt find any.

My problem is:

I cant have too much time out of my battery (it dies) and my UPS cant recharge it fast enough, so I was thinking of those 30a 12v dc power supplys used for LEDs, but when I hook a 12v power supply to the BOSS amp I get a hiss out of the subwoofer.

Anyone knows a hint on what can I do to remove the hiss? a diode? a proper power supply for the amp?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7150.JPG
    IMG_7150.JPG
    529 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_7149.JPG
    IMG_7149.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7151.JPG
    IMG_7151.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7148.JPG
    IMG_7148.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 109
Disabled Account
Joined 2020

Hey first of all that's really cool that's something i would have done when i was a lil younger. about your hiss i would look on ebay for a 100 amp switch mode power supply to charge that battery or even run the amp by itself i have one i bought to work on car amplifiers also have charged a few batteries with it. you can also try a rca line ground loop isolation transformer on the rca inputs to your amp you can find those at walmart usually in the car audio section and are cheap. really like what you did there :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.