What Class-D amp give best sound?

Can anyone advise a source for Hypex NC400 modules? I can't seem to locate them and keep hearing good things.

I initially experimented with some small Tripath modules, then the small IcePower 50ASX module, and then finally the IcePower 125ASX module. I learned that I needed a decent input circuit with the Icepower 125ASX - depending upon the preamp's output impedance.

I would vote for the TPA311x. Its stunning.
I use a mono system with 24v 100W MW power and valve preamp.

The D board is standard $3.00 from China.
Speakers are KEF Q10 two in parallel. (three ohm load)
I have heard other commercial systems and they do not sound as good as the TI part.

Here is schematic.

-

Attachments

• Hybrid-SZ-V0.91-hifi.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 293
"The best sound" it is too much individual characteristic, I know experienced high-end guys who hate the neutral and detailed sound, they like smooth and in my opinion, simplified to be more comfortable sound. They don't care which sound is closer to original, and which is sweet distorted, just wont to listen to a music when details don't disturb do that. Technically it is very easy to say which amp is better(and within class D world it would be perhaps some Bruno's amps), but perceptually maybe 50% of users will like something not so dry and clean but sweet and warm. Actually, for the same reason, people again and again back to a vinyl, and they don't care about the main difference vs digital records is a higher compression ratio of dynamic range ))

Can anyone advise a source for Hypex NC400 modules? I can't seem to locate them and keep hearing good things.

I initially experimented with some small Tripath modules, then the small IcePower 50ASX module, and then finally the IcePower 125ASX module. I learned that I needed a decent input circuit with the Icepower 125ASX - depending upon the preamp's output impedance.

Bump:radar:

"The best sound" it is too much individual characteristic, I know experienced high-end guys who hate the neutral and detailed sound, they like smooth and in my opinion, simplified to be more comfortable sound. They don't care which sound is closer to original, and which is sweet distorted, just wont to listen to a music when details don't disturb do that. Technically it is very easy to say which amp is better(and within class D world it would be perhaps some Bruno's amps), but perceptually maybe 50% of users will like something not so dry and clean but sweet and warm. Actually, for the same reason, people again and again back to a vinyl, and they don't care about the main difference vs digital records is a higher compression ratio of dynamic range ))

Mine sound is that what is closest on instruments, and this can not be reached easely, real live instruments do sound very detailed and not hars, if there is a amp who do put no extra,s into that sound, you have a high end amp.

But it is electronics, have own distortions, and the versions with very low distortions also supress the instruments harmonics, that is why non feedback do sound more relax, if afcouse the design is made very well.

regards

kees52, we don't have to forget about how is original track was recorded. I know only one label who used a pair of B&K and ADC+recorder, I talking about Pope Music(BTW, R.I.P., because it wasn't popular at all vs compressed&processed Telarc), they used zero processing, even no compressor. In the headphones forum, I started the topic regarding powerDAC without feedback at all, and with super low distortion for open loop design(no one other topology will not let you see THD+N .01% at -.5dbfs without feedback). And it sounds crazy detailed, however, high-end folk believes that the sound is too detailed and harsh, they call it "HiFi sound".

Yes you are right, the recordings has the same problem, quality here is most important to get good later on, that is why I like old recordings who have use tubes, and stil these are active in the better studios.

But now digital is getting better, the recordings can be better again, even feedback can be outcanceled, how these people now do I do not now, because commerce is not such interested in this topic, but we have diyaudio, with a lot of driven people who like quality.

I am a normal high ender, not this golden cable stuff etc, I am very interested even in class D.

Was your feedbackless amp also a class D? from all feedback topologies, I like the current feedback the most, it is independent of bandwidth, giving TIM no change to harsing the amp, this can in a class d using a extra winding and a video opamp.

regards

You can only buy them direct from the manufacture. Please check our webshop, we deliver worldwide; Hypex Electronics webshop

WOW that's really, really super expensive, 1300 Euros ~ 1500 USD plus shipping to build (really more like assemble) a stereo pair? I am at a loss for words.

Here is the IcePower 125 wpc stereo module I built myself into the case of my choice with a Class A vacuum tube driver input circuit, and all of the connectors and misc. parts for maybe 250 USD (1/6th the price).

BO 125 acrylic lid by antennaguru uda, on Flickr

I can't justify your kind of huge price for a DIY project to try your technology. Is there nothing cheaper? Maybe just the modules and not the casework/connectors? If not, I am going to move onto V2 with another IcePower module, this time incorporating a solid state class A input stage with tone controls...

Multilevel are also interesting, even open loop. Yes it needs a PID controller for postfeedback, and brains for the calculation, but I learn, and get it slowly, yes when 62 brains get slow, so some beer help.

post output of a 5 level post feedback and a 8 level openloop. The 5 level has low distortion on 30 Khz, also the same on 1Khz, it does not change much.

I think verything above 5 level is of no use for audio amp, because of much higher parts count, for high end it is maybe (when usable) not so bad for more parts because there is more mony for.

This I am busy with cirlotron but I go do look at it in near future.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_2043 Feb. 12 18.54.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2043 Feb. 12 18.54.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • ScreenHunter_2044 Feb. 12 19.28.jpg
    ScreenHunter_2044 Feb. 12 19.28.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 1,035
Has anyone had any experience with the new NewClassD NCDV2 modules?
They look like they are built really well.
I could not find people who used them and compared them with, for example, the Hypex NC500.

I'm currently running these amp modules through their paces and being it's only been 12hour in, I'm loving them!

Okay I can't do a AB test but there an improvement on the Pascal S Pro2. It maybe argued however having a linear power supply instead of SMPT really makes a difference?

Attachments

• 20190906_112558.jpg
    20190906_112558.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 774
  • 20190906_112546.jpg
    20190906_112546.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 771
I'm currently running these amp modules through their paces and being it's only been 12hour in, I'm loving them!

Okay I can't do a AB test but there an improvement on the Pascal S Pro2. It maybe argued however having a linear power supply instead of SMPT really makes a difference?

where did you buy this beautiful 19 inch case with VU Meter ?

is it from alieexpress ?

where did you buy this beautiful 19 inch case with VU Meter ?

is it from alieexpress ?

Haha, I wish! long story short, I wanted a solid aluminium amp chassis. Yes I know most of the DIY community use Steel stamped chassis' at a fraction of the cost but the way I looked at it, why put an expensive modules is something cheap?

Anyway, being a true DIYer, I wanted an amp chassis that could be versatile, so I did a heavy redesign of an existing amp enclosure allowing me to install a range of branded amp modules without having to drill and tap for each one. So far I've as you saw, it can handle NewClassD with a linear PS, I've fitted pascals (upto 4modules), hypex and ice power with out any problems. I'll admit I'm not completely happy with the back as I've restricted myself when it comes to using a DSP modules, so I'm working on that now.

I'm glad you like it, I didn't think anyone would be interested? Though I shouldn't have been lazy with the colour pallet however they are sexy in the flesh.