Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

what D amp give best sound.
what D amp give best sound.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 01:23 PM   #121
Electrone is offline Electrone  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kees52 View Post
I wish all the people here, the world, nature and animals an happy and yet very important a better newyear, 2017 was not one of the best, better it was the worst ever.

here I did a full bridge, with a single ended input, a trhee level is also option, but then we need pulses on the zero transistions otherwise we get crossover distortions, we can clock these pulses and inject them there, did see something about the a while ago, do not now where.

The full bridge does supress the even harmonics but I see more uneven harmonics with it, of this sounds bad I do not now, mine ciclotron has also this problem, it is due of balanced technology.

regards
Best wishes for you this new year.

I like how you did the single analog audio stage and derived the bridge drives for the MOSFET totem poles afterward, and that was before you saw the suggestion I wrote.

Yet I didn't expect the outcome. I just came to the idea of the design approach with LTspice and didn't ever get to try a real life circuit, so I can understand that it might not really work so well. I still hope to try it out for myself someday though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:03 PM   #122
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sprang-capelle Holland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrone View Post
Best wishes for you this new year.

I like how you did the single analog audio stage and derived the bridge drives for the MOSFET totem poles afterward, and that was before you saw the suggestion I wrote.

Yet I didn't expect the outcome. I just came to the idea of the design approach with LTspice and didn't ever get to try a real life circuit, so I can understand that it might not really work so well. I still hope to try it out for myself someday though.
Thanks

Here is the schematic for ltspice, just play with it and let now.

regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip ucd orig_sinus_ucd-fullbridge.zip (2.4 KB, 25 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:05 PM   #123
Electrone is offline Electrone  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
You're welcome.

The simulation was good. I had some fun with it. Something extra I liked was experience with the .four command to look at distortion.

Last edited by Electrone; 3rd January 2018 at 02:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:16 PM   #124
ICG is offline ICG  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
ICG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: I had a Déjà Moo - I've seen that BS before!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkane77g View Post
Details. Speakers are 97 dB @ 1w 1 meter. 8 ohm.
globalplayers suggestion of the Sure Electronics AA-AB32313 2x400 (STA516) would be an excellent choice. Don't let the 400W specs deceive you, that's for 3 Ohm, on 8 Ohm it's a lot less. If you want to stay on a tight budget but still improve the sound quality, I would look for some TPA3116(D2) amps, but if you want to spend more, go for Hypex.
__________________
I had a Déjà Moo - I've seen that BS before!
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:48 PM   #125
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sprang-capelle Holland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrone View Post
You're welcome.

The simulation was good. I had some fun with it. Something extra I liked was experience with the .four command to look at distortion.
@Grizlek has also cudo,s from me, because he did help me with this model where I did play with.

In real world it is difficult, I need a good mosfet driver with included dead time adjust, somewhone can advise one who is fast, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 04:49 PM   #126
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sprang-capelle Holland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrone View Post
You're welcome.

The simulation was good. I had some fun with it. Something extra I liked was experience with the .four command to look at distortion.
@Grizlek has also kudo,s, because he did help me quite good to understand LTspice with this model where I did play with.

In real world it is difficult, I need a good mosfet driver with included dead time adjust, somewhone can advise one who is fast, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 05:07 AM   #127
Grizlek is offline Grizlek
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kees52 View Post
I have done some sims, but the UCD version and the delta sigma are the best, delta sigma is even without postfeedback low in distortion.

Here some results, also with squares, maybe time to duild one to see and discover the sound, I am curious about this technology.

Nice to see that current trough mosfets looks the same as with a stereo coder for fm hehe, much more liniair here..

regards.
Thanks for spice files.

This method with pre filter + post filter feedback seems nice, because it keeps filter in feedback.

Can you refer the document this idea originally come from ,is it from IRF ?

Happy New Year To all

Last edited by Grizlek; 4th January 2018 at 05:10 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 11:57 AM   #128
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sprang-capelle Holland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizlek View Post
Thanks for spice files.

This method with pre filter + post filter feedback seems nice, because it keeps filter in feedback.

Can you refer the document this idea originally come from ,is it from IRF ?

Happy New Year To all
This one is on UCD principe like phillips did, with a extra intergator op.

Some I do not understand yet is how to setup the integrator, bandwidth etc, what frequency it is tuned at, I need to now that because
this I did not read in the papers, it seems to have a lot possibilities, the 90 degree shift do it keep it that way until bandwidth audio who is setup
in low pass, or has it something to do with the carrier, need the intergrator set up on carrier frequency as I did see in some, the fase shift versions
has a integrator working in the feedback filter, and ucd in the opamp itselfs and feedback.

I have try the sim with IR2010 models, two of them, btl, this did not work well, I think because of the models, maybe I need to rename them before sim.

thanks

Last edited by kees52; 4th January 2018 at 12:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 04:19 PM   #129
Grizlek is offline Grizlek
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
You claim you need real circuit to vary dead time to see how feedback affects THD.

In reality you can change dead time using the same diode resistor(trimmer) capacitor network + comparator. You vary every rising edge...

Here is one of may schematics using for some buck power supply. This way made for real and works.

HIN and LIN are input to classic low side and high side mosfet driver without internal deadtime, IRF manufactured like IRS2186
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (275.0 KB, 383 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 10:40 PM   #130
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sprang-capelle Holland.
Grizlek

I have drawn one with the ir2010 models and the dead time generator from your sim schematic, I see it does give low distortions, and it is full bridge however when I adjust deadtimes it is difficult, to much and I get shoot through but also when to little.

I think because supply is differential plus and minus 80 volts deadtime setup is difficult, it always crossing wrong? Maybe because of this people do use one supply voltage and a ref level.

Last picture you see what happens, get it not right, not to do with sync such full bridge amp?

regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_659 Jan. 04 23.39.jpg (224.3 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_660 Jan. 04 23.54.jpg (206.4 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by kees52; 4th January 2018 at 10:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


what D amp give best sound.Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone with a high level sound science background want to give me the words to ag8908 Multi-Way 24 13th April 2014 02:24 AM
High end sound - does any specfic approach give up the goods more than another? Racket Scientist Multi-Way 46 31st August 2010 05:49 PM
Can someone give me informs about Cyrus amplifiers sound quality destroyer X Solid State 11 20th July 2006 02:52 PM
Can anyone give more info on this amp? mg16 Tubes / Valves 6 8th May 2003 12:43 AM
What PSU will give the best sound for an Ono (regs) ? Blitz Pass Labs 0 23rd February 2003 02:27 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki