Using only one channel on the Behringer iNuke NU6000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I was thinking of getting one of my subwoofers from the storage and try to hook it up with my satelite speakers. However, I only have space for one subwoofer, not both. My subwoofer amplifier is a Behringer iNuke NU6000 and it works great when running both subs but I'm not sure how healthy it is for it to just run one channel. Could it be damaged in any way just running one channel, and not both? I would not have any input at all to the other channel and I will use a MiniDSP for crossover and EQ. It will not be pushed hard at all since my satelite speakers (CSS EL70 4" full-range drivers) can't play very loud anyways.

Is it safe for me to proceed?

shorted input = zero output ("dead" channel)
open input + noise (you can't rid of it!) = noise output ("live" channel).

Okay, that makes a lot of sense actually.

But I'm a bit puzzled as to how I would go about shorting the input on my amplifier. It looks like this.
potncia-behringer-inuke-nu6000-dsp-220v-174011-MLB20464835999_102015-F.jpg

It is just one of those weird input connectors and I use an RCA (from my MiniDSP) to 6.3mm (to the iNuke) cable.

I don't know what IC is used in this amplifier but irs2092 based class d amps can do strange things if output is not connected.
With out a load the output filter rings at high volts and can take out output filter cap.

The 2092 can power up in 2 states, 1/ oscillating or 2/ Sat at 17VDC.

I would put a few watts 8 ohm resistor on the output to load it but keep volume control at zero.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.