TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Resistor 3-10k
No need film caps, need MLCC
Thanks for the guidance Doc.

Any brand/value for MLCCs?
any thumb rule for calculation?

if I use 22000uf x4 will it be overkill? any negative effect?
SLPX223M050H9P3 | Cornell-Dubilier 22000μF Electrolytic Capacitor 50V dc, Through Hole - SLPX223M050H9P3 | RS Components

FYI My SMPS is below link, customized for Single 42V.

GHXAMP HIFI Switch Power Supply Dual DC 24V 48V 60V 80V 300 500W Power Supply Board With Heat Sink For Low power Amplifier 1pc|Amplifier| - AliExpress

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ok Doc. thanks for the clarification.
If I add caps, will it have any negative effect?

Depends on the power supply... too much capacitance can impact the OCP or startup of the SMPS, causing a "hiccup" where the supply will try to start, charge the added caps, then go into OCP, and get stuck in a cycle of perpetually trying to start up.

Also, an SMPS does not work the way a traditional linear supply does. They generally use feedback for regulation, so they don't need massive banks of caps to maintain good regulation. Adding capacitance to a typical SMPS it likely to cause more problems than it will solve.

Regards,
Owen

Need to listen)

Depends on the power supply... Adding capacitance to a typical SMPS it likely to cause more problems than it will solve.

Thanks Doc & Owen. Anyway I already ordered the pcb.
once I receive the pcb, will check the lead spacing, order the caps (22k uf x 1 first and check)
is this 22000 uf model ok?

SLPX223M050H9P3 | Cornell-Dubilier 22000μF Electrolytic Capacitor 50V dc, Through Hole - SLPX223M050H9P3 | RS Components

FYI My SMPS is below link, customized for Single 42V.
at output it has only one 1800uf 50V

GHXAMP HIFI Switch Power Supply Dual DC 24V 48V 60V 80V 300 500W Power Supply Board With Heat Sink For Low power Amplifier 1pc|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Last edited: