TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Hi amigos...

I think is going to be my first and last DIY...
I don't know what happened yesterday but when I switched on the Amp, a chip burnt unfortunately... I am so disappointed :( (take a look at the last picture)

Anyway some pictures :

The idea was to use a Mini ITX case.

AMP1.jpg

AMP2.jpg

AMP3.jpg

AMP6.jpg

AMP7.jpg

AMP8.jpg

AMP9.jpg

I am now waiting for the seller to make a refund

nice build!
I don't undestand if it has a ventilation fan?

Where did you find a suitable case ?

ps. I'm now looking a Sure AA-AB32313, do you have experience with this? The only drag is the fan, could be loud...

This is a fanless board.

The Sure AA-AB32313 is a T amp board. I read this is a really "musical" amplifier and should be a great value... But I never tested it.
The Case is a ITX (computer Case) that I modified myself.

Last edited:
@daniboun
Have you connected the speakers to an amplifier or any load?
D-class amplifiers must not be switched on without load on the output.

I switched on the Amp without any load or speaker connected... But I have some class D amplifiers and never got this kind of issue... The chip completely burnt and broke after powering the amp ! This seems to be a defective board. ??..

As you see see the chip broke and burnt :

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
This is in all likelihood the result of overvoltage. The burnt chip 99% sure is an LM2575 buck converter that was exposed to >40V. For these boards, you need to use the HV version of that chip, or keep voltage below 40V.

This is something that should be dealt with under warrenty, but if that doesn't work out, it is repairable with this LM2575HVS-12/NOPB Texas Instruments | Mouser Nederland

This is in all likelihood the result of overvoltage. The burnt chip 99% sure is an LM2575 buck converter that was exposed to >40V. For these boards, you need to use the HV version of that chip, or keep voltage below 40V.

This is something that should be dealt with under warrenty, but if that doesn't work out, it is repairable with this LM2575HVS-12/NOPB Texas Instruments | Mouser Nederland

This is werid... I measured myself the Output Voltage of that PSU @ 27V exactly with a Multimeter, so the problem comes from the chip itself. The PSU works great.

in the worst scenario, can you give me a Ebay.fr or Amazon.Fr link since I am living in France, I found this :

LM2575HVS-12/NOPB Texas Instruments, 2 pcs in pack, sold by SWATEE ELECTRONICS: Amazon.fr: Commerce, Industrie & Science

OR

LM2575HVS-12 DC-DC converter step down Uin60V Uout12V 1A TO263 LM2575HVS-12/NOPB: Amazon.fr: Commerce, Industrie & Science

OR

PMIC Dc / Convertisseur Ueing : 60V Uausg : 12V TO263-5 Buck LM2575HVS-12 / Nopb | eBay

Last edited:
Last edited:
you have 27volts AC, which means approx. 38volts DC.
As mentioned if you have a high mains in your area you may breach the 40v limit of that chip

Thanks but did you read the board spec ?
So it means that the seller is a liar ? and the chip on it is not adapted...
I asked on page 155 wich PSU should be recommended...

As reminder : board is sold to support 28V AC PSU, don'tmake me wrong ?:confused:

Thanks but did you read the board spec ?
So it means that the seller is a liar ? and the chip on it is not adapted...
I asked on page 155 wich PSU should be recommended...

As reminder : board is sold to support 28V AC PSU, don'tmake me wrong ?:confused:

Dani, it is not that we say the 28Vac is wrong to use with the board. We have before seen TPA3255 boards specified for up to 50Vdc supply while the board uses a voltage regulator that can as absolute maximum handle 40V. Your voltage chip is seriously burned and it is only to find out what to replace it with.