TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

I didn't play with 3255 yet, and have no plan so far, however, I think 3255+adau1761(5x5mm DSP >>100 stereo parametric EQ, 8mA current, $2)+DAC would be something much better than TAS3251 with very limited and weird DSP on board without 192kHz support.

I understand your message :) Have to think twice about it. But just to know: how difficult is it to hand solder this LFCSP package ? Same as a TPA3251 / TAS3251 ?

JMF

LFCSP is essentially the same thing as QFN. For the exposed big GND pad I applying a small amount of soldering paste but for aside pins I make balls on PCB pads(soldering wire with BGA flux). Next, I place the IC exactly to its footprint, and hot air(300C) with a minimal air-flow finish the process.
PS: BTW, good idea to buy some kind of teflon tweezers to avoid a stickiness problem(BGA-flux is a sticky grease) during parts populating.

Last edited:
LFCSP is essentially the same thing as QFN. For the exposed big GND pad I applying a small amount of soldering paste but for aside pins I make balls on PCB pads(soldering wire with BGA flux). Next, I place the IC exactly to its footprint, and hot air(300C) with a minimal air-flow finish the process.
PS: BTW, good idea to buy some kind of teflon tweezers to avoid a stickiness problem(BGA-flux is a sticky grease) during parts populating.

Thanks IVX. Humm looks to ma as doable but sort of black belt 2nd dan soldering task...

JMF

not really replacement yet, no selfboot, 2 ADC instead of 4 as 1701. I hate 1701 because of 200-250mA consumption, for 50MHz DSP it looks like 1995 year. 1761 has a bit more DSP power but eat just 7-10mA.

I don't have this high current consumption on my 1701 implementation, more like 90mA. Even the datasheet lists much less current, so something else seems to be "wrong" with yours.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
This must have been asked over again but I can't find amongst all the pages if 3255!

Is the Ti EVM appreciably better than 3e or other cheaper boards. I am aware of the Ti 50% off deal.

Is the Ti board difficult to set up with all the jumpers.

I suppose Ti is more adaptable to other configurations because of those jumpers?

Thanks

This must have been asked over again but I can't find amongst all the pages if 3255!

Is the Ti EVM appreciably better than 3e or other cheaper boards. I am aware of the Ti 50% off deal.

Is the Ti board difficult to set up with all the jumpers.

I suppose Ti is more adaptable to other configurations because of those jumpers?

Thanks

Hi

the price with 50% to get a TPAEVM board is about 80 Euro unbeatable !!!
better SQ i cant say..

i am playing around with the YJ TPA3255 board to learn and play around. if this is not you passion so buy the TI board and enjoy...if you search and read a lot of guys are satified with the SQ of 3e boards.
dont forget a powerfull power supply + according to the speakers impedance.

no its not difficult to setup the board
a gudie line is existing - read it
the configuration is set up to use rca connection at the beginning

chris

Last edited:
Thank you. And on the psu front for some reason we cannot get lrs-350-48 in the UK so I'm looking into RSP-320-48 or SP-320-48 which is available.

i learned that if you use 8 ohm speakers the lrs 350-48 is too weak to push an 8 ohms speaker, because of the max current which you can get --> if you need a lot of power you need...read the thread above...some nice hints from some experts.

for home use ...for me.....its ok

Attachments

• capture_001_13092018_2004272.jpg
    capture_001_13092018_2004272.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 675
Last edited: