Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2019, 07:53 PM   #1411
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

@CowCat

My chinese 2.1 TPA3255 has XL7005 voltage regulator. This can go for 65V input.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:51 AM   #1412
Audio Mo is offline Audio Mo
diyAudio Member

Hi Folks

I have 3 x 3e audio TPA3255, I set them as follows:

1. Master
2. Slave 1
3. Slave 2

as per manual (link below)
http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/u...2-A_Rev1.0.pdf

for the slaves I removed R39 and Added R40 0ohm 0603 resistor (from DigiKey) linked the boards with IOP and IOM as per the manual.

Now master is working but both slaves are not, boards are on but not producing any sound. what else do I need to do add j6? just solder wire? both blue jumpers in the attached image

Also, I'm I set them as SE and there is a bit hiss on zero volume how can I reduce that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA3255 Slave jumpers.jpg (301.5 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by Audio Mo; 5th October 2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 5th October 2019, 02:02 PM   #1413
highcut28 is offline highcut28  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

I have bought 2 TPA 3255 s
1st one a direct purchase from Yuan Jing
2nd one via Lazada in Malaysia. It was significantly cheaper . Claimed to have Elna caps .
What i received is the exact same as the earlier one . No Elna caps but who cares.
Big caps are Samwha or something like that
I am using 48V 600W Meanwell switching PSU
No probs at all . They sound good.
I might change a few bits just for fun but they would have to be components that are thru soldered on. I wouldnt dare surface solder as the components are tiny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191005_215815.jpg (1.01 MB, 262 views)
Old 5th October 2019, 05:09 PM   #1414
Think is offline Think  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Mo View Post
Hi Folks

I have 3 x 3e audio TPA3255, I set them as follows:

1. Master
2. Slave 1
3. Slave 2

as per manual (link below)
http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/u...2-A_Rev1.0.pdf

for the slaves I removed R39 and Added R40 0ohm 0603 resistor (from DigiKey) linked the boards with IOP and IOM as per the manual.

Now master is working but both slaves are not, boards are on but not producing any sound. what else do I need to do add j6? just solder wire? both blue jumpers in the attached image

Also, I'm I set them as SE and there is a bit hiss on zero volume how can I reduce that?
Page 11 " Please make sure all of these change have been done before power up the boards.Since the board default setting is master mode, so what you should do is set the other one board in slave mode, you can set slave mode 1 or slave mode 2 with just inverse the polarity.Besides, remove the resistor R39(top side, remove heat-sink) and solderR40with one 0ohm0603 resistor, this also marked on the bottom of the board show as below.

Slave mode 1: (Figure 8)Connect the master OSC_I/O to the slave OSC_I/O with same polarity (IOP to IOPand IOM to IOM).

Slave mode 2:Inverse the polarity of OSC_I/O(IOPto IOM and IOM to IOP)"

You could have used a piece of wire or just a blob of solder instead of a 0ohm resistor. But that won't matter.

Did you connect the wires (red lines) from the master to the slave boards?

FYI I'm using 2 of the same boards with the 3e audio dsp without any noise, both running as master sharing a 24v or 48v power supply.

Did you twist the SE input cable any keep it away from noise?
Old 6th October 2019, 06:31 AM   #1415
Audio Mo is offline Audio Mo
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think View Post
Page 11 " Please make sure all of these change have been done before power up the boards.Since the board default setting is master mode, so what you should do is set the other one board in slave mode, you can set slave mode 1 or slave mode 2 with just inverse the polarity.Besides, remove the resistor R39(top side, remove heat-sink) and solderR40with one 0ohm0603 resistor, this also marked on the bottom of the board show as below.

Slave mode 1: (Figure 8)Connect the master OSC_I/O to the slave OSC_I/O with same polarity (IOP to IOPand IOM to IOM).

Slave mode 2:Inverse the polarity of OSC_I/O(IOPto IOM and IOM to IOP)"

You could have used a piece of wire or just a blob of solder instead of a 0ohm resistor. But that won't matter.

Did you connect the wires (red lines) from the master to the slave boards?

FYI I'm using 2 of the same boards with the 3e audio dsp without any noise, both running as master sharing a 24v or 48v power supply.

Did you twist the SE input cable any keep it away from noise?
I did connect the wires (red lines) soldered R40 and Removed R39 but it never worked the boards are on but no sound.

Then I connect J6, the master board fault LED was blinking. So no joy either.

I had to reverse everything back to master but I lost one R39 SMD, do know the value of that?

Anywho, I revived one board and one still down due to R39 thingie.

Noise is gone and everything is silent.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:25 PM   #1416
Think is offline Think  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

To bad this didn't work out, but good that the noise is gone. Any idea why that is?

No values of board components to be found in http://www.3e-audio.com/wp-content/u...2-A_Rev1.0.pdf
R39 is a resistor, you can measure it (Ohm) on one of your other boards.
Otherwise email or skype (3e Audio) and ask them.
Old 13th October 2019, 06:26 PM   #1417
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I just changed fake NE5532 for original NE5532. I think some changement on Bass and High adjustment are the result.

My DC-DC converter dont Step-up... I don't know why.

But amp is really good. After this changment and with the true capacitor size its one of the best china amps.

:-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-13 at 20.11.30.jpeg (278.9 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg K1600_PA130002.JPG (154.2 KB, 120 views)
Old 14th October 2019, 01:32 PM   #1418
AnatoliyHill is offline AnatoliyHill
diyAudio Member

Default Tpa3255&tda7498 who is winner?

Hi mates again from Ukraine. There was some changes in my setup since my last input here.
Was Canton SC-L + tpa3255 blueboard with Bluetooth in black box . Chip have been fired and replaced by new one successfull. The amp was supplied by dc48v/1200w unit and by laptop brick from laptop 150w/21 volt without significant sound stage difference.
Sold out all these staff.
Now have : B&W DM603 S3 + blueboard tda7498 with aptx/Bluetooth 5 onboard (9$ on AliExpress) supplied by 150w /20v brick from laptop. This setup is sounding far better than previous one in approx 40 sq. Meters room still dont know why because the figures in wattages of amp and Canton speaker datasheet saying they outperform b&w+tda7498. But result is somewhat i didnt expected.
Now about to get blue tpa3255@50$ with two big Elna ( samwha) caps from AliExpress which is highly intencively discussed here to check and compare. Will keep informed. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191014_161915.jpg (439.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191014_161935.jpg (432.3 KB, 44 views)

TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc.Hide this!Advertise here!