Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc.
TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 08:22 AM   #1071
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormord View Post
10dB lower than 0.002%? Also for the 6.67kHz, I'd be interested how you did achieve 0.003%...

Doctormord , those are just preliminary findings . We modified the PFFB using opamps , inductors were changed to correct wire and of course we used every trick we learned in our volt ( our tpa3118 beats EVM by 12-18db)



The 6.67 is nothing like I see in the pffb datasheet , it looks more like the 1Khz


Of course , layout is important , chemistry of caps etc...pay a LOT of attention to PSU (clean)



We are trying to beat the Ncore (tested at 0.0005THD+N)


Still lots of work , but I think that this IC will equal or beat it.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #1072
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
I just found a better version of the AIYIMA TPA3255.

Click the image to open in full size.


AIYIMA TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 Sound Amplifier Audio AMP 325W*2 Stereo Class D Amplificador Power Amplifiers DAC PCM5102 Decoder


It has PCM5102 and QCC3003 and look like to have better cap.
But no changed supply rail caps. But must be better for modding. I hope

Last edited by hansueli; Today at 12:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #1073
chermann is offline chermann  Austria
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansueli View Post
I just found a better version of the AIYIMA TPA3255.

Click the image to open in full size.


AIYIMA TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 Sound Amplifier Audio AMP 325W*2 Stereo Class D Amplificador Power Amplifiers DAC PCM5102 Decoder


It has PCM5102 and QCC3003 and look like to have better cap.
But no changed supply rail caps. But must be better for modding. I hope


if you buy and start modding it would be nice to have a seperat thread.
@BT i read that the Apxt module should be the best. if i rememeber right at the TPa3116 module "doc" give some advices to solve the hiss problems there...

chris
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #1074
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
I am looking first to build my Iraudamp7 with 500W LLC power supply.


But why not a new project after with this TPA3255 :-D
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 PM   #1075
AnatoliyHill is offline AnatoliyHill
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chermann View Post
[/B]

if you buy and start modding it would be nice to have a seperat thread.
@BT i read that the Apxt module should be the best. if i rememeber right at the TPa3116 module "doc" give some advices to solve the hiss problems there...

chris
Looks like mine but with BT5 version, should be better but still less bass
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #1076
AnatoliyHill is offline AnatoliyHill
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ukraine
It is not easy to get low Esr caps 63v/1800 in the middle of nowhere I am living now. There are some caps available in local shops but seller s have no idea about low esr/ impendance of capacitor s they sell just voltage and capacity with no data about esr. Thus no progress for now. Booking via internet and waiting think no worth efforts. Will try another board described here with elna big caps.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #1077
chermann is offline chermann  Austria
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnatoliyHill View Post
It is not easy to get low Esr caps 63v/1800 in the middle of nowhere I am living now. There are some caps available in local shops but seller s have no idea about low esr/ impendance of capacitor s they sell just voltage and capacity with no data about esr. Thus no progress for now. Booking via internet and waiting think no worth efforts. Will try another board described here with elna big caps.
which one do you get?...give us something we can look -
the caps should be valid for SMPS...maybe this helps your shop guy....

the voltage rating is important = 63V...the rest we can do with paralleling the caps

chris
  Reply With Quote

Reply


TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc.Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inexpensive HDMI 2 channel receiver design discussion brw02005 Construction Tips 1 6th March 2016 07:27 PM
A Discussion on Design Philosophy - OB vs Multiway vs NOB miragem3i Multi-Way 2 10th July 2014 03:02 AM
Discussion: push pull design and minimal distortion does it matter ? hoppaz Subwoofers 19 15th November 2012 08:34 PM
Car subwoofer (2x8" fancy design discussion) VEC7OR Subwoofers 11 29th May 2004 09:12 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki