PA Discrete Class D Amplifier Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
This is working schematic. A Discrete Class D with 2 sets of mosfet at 90Vdc supply will give you enough power to drive 18" speaker at pretty loud.

Don't ask layout :)
Don't commercialize :D
Try if you like, as it is. Don't try if you doubt it.

Ltspice file is attached.

Regards,
Kartino

Attachments

• DXT2K-UcD ver.3b - Final.pdf
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,023
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
The amp. All general discrete part can be found everywhere

Attachments

• UcD2K Discrete.jpg
    UcD2K Discrete.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 2,308
Wanted to try this, sim first.

Kartino,

I am trying to simulate your design in post 1, for the purposes of the sim leaving out the protection and font end buffers, and am getting a completely intractable -12 or so offset on the output. I am also using 80V supplies as I have several transformers that would give that voltage after rectification and filtering. I have experimented with different transistor types but that doesn't seem to matter, nor does the offset adjustment seem to do anything.

Would yo mind taking a peek at the schematic and see if I'm just blind to a mistake or if you can offer some suggestions on ridding the sim of the offset?

Attachments

• UcD.asc
    19.9 KB · Views: 248
I did buid one based on OP's schematic. I'm however having some problems with it.
At +/- 90V, it seems to distort at about 20-30W output power and when probing with a scope before the output filter, it seems I'm loosing modulation for a fraction of a second - while the amp distorts sound.
Can anyone point me on what to check to fix this behaviour?

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I did buid one based on OP's schematic. I'm however having some problems with it.
At +/- 90V, it seems to distort at about 20-30W output power and when probing with a scope before the output filter, it seems I'm loosing modulation for a fraction of a second - while the amp distorts sound.
Can anyone point me on what to check to fix this behaviour?

Please post your schematic exactly as real kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.