TPA3116 Bluetooth 4.0 2x50W Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Can anyone say how can i enable AUX on this amp? The issue is that when I turn it on by holding MFB button, it turns on Bluetooth and starts the pairing process. After i connect my phone to the amp, AUX starts acting like output so I can connect my headphones and they work(even the microphone).

But I really would like to connect my TV with AUX cable to the amp so it would play sounds off the TV. When amp and TV are connected via AUX cable the TV sounds come through only when the amp plays its startup and pairing sounds, after that its silence again. This got me thinking that there might be some kind of button combination or something and maybe you guys could help.

Device looks like this:

http://www.winddeal.net/image/125/D13803/D13803-7.jpg

That it is an output?

Attachments

• sanwubt.jpg
    sanwubt.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 540
Amp is also (originally?!?) available with TDA7492P. I've seen versions of the board advertised both with and without the 3.5mm jack though.

English diagram for the 3.5mm enabled boards implies the jack can be an input or an output. At a guess, it's an input unless something pairs...

Yet on alieexpress an (english) drawing shows it is just an output for 3116, for stm 7492 same seller shows it is both an output and an input, so probably only thing one could do is ask Sanwu, they have shop on Taobao, search tpa3118 and you'll see an ampboard offered by them, they probably also have own shop Aliexpress, you can try there too if you can find them.

That's the thing - it doesn't take over when aux is plugged in. It acts like an output when BT is connected. It only sends sound coming from AUX to speakers when amp is making its startup and pairing sounds. in every other case its silence.

I also thought when buying that there are two versions of the amp - with AUX and without. So I automatically thought that it must be an input.

Isn't the MFB button used to listen to incoming cell phone calls whilst bluetooth is paired with and being used with another device?
If your cell phone or tablet is paired to the bt amp, then it is possible there is a conflict, try turning off the bt or un-pairing it from the amp and then connect your tv to the amps input.
Remember, if your tv is not bluetooth you need wires

Last edited:
the way it works:
1) plug in DC power to amp(red LED comes on)
2)device is in standby mode
3) press and hold the MFB button for 5-6 seconds until amp comes alive - BT starts up(plays start up sounds)
4) pairing process starts - red and blue LED blinking
5) pairing done - blue LED blinks
6) pressing and holding MFB button again turns the amp off

Cell phone calls are coming in automagically - you can select that in the phone itself.

Turning off the BT also shuts down the amp and there is no sound coming out when using wires in the 3.5mm jack

Does switching off the bluetooth on your phone turn off the amp?
What if you turned the bt off on your phone and unplugged the amp then plugged it in again without touching the MFB and used the 3.5 jack as an input?
I have a couple of the bluetooth boxes that work with non bluetooth equipment.
I also have a TDA7492 bt amp board that looks for a bt device to pair with as soon as it is plugged in, it has no MFB button or aux input.

I'm guessing they work the same, that is why onehundred is having problems?
The MFB should only be pressed to activate the BT and start the pairing when there is no analog input.
Holding the MFB button down for a couple of seconds switches off the BT and the analog cable can be inserted. The MFB, I would say is just BT on/off and has nothing to do with powering up the amplifier
With my BT device, I makes sure in the tablet, BT is on. Then I hold down the button on the BT receiver, which is connected to the amp, and the red and blue led flash until it is paired, once they are paired, the BT device flashes blue in use. When the tablet is in sleep mode the BT device flashes red.
I'm really enjoying the advantages of BT, I'm copying my CD's to mp3's and saving them to an SD card in a small Android tablet. Love the sound and the reclaimed space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.