ICEPower 50ASX2 BTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there,
I have an ICEPower 50ASX2 in a Fender bass amp that gave problems.
After a very close look I found two burned smd parts, FE100 and FE101.
I assume they are coils or the like.
After these "coils" we find the connector P103 (+/- 24V DC).
The fuses are ok.
I first tried the other pcb's with an external supply connected to the cable going into this P103 connector.
All worked as intended and no excess current is drawn.
So I replaced the FE100 and FE101 with a piece of wire and reconnected everything.
The amp works flawless now.
But still I want to replace FE100 and FE101 with the correct parts.

Here my question:
Is there anybody who can tell me what the correct parts could be?

ps:
IcePower and Fender can't tell me what parts are used?!
Schematic of the Ice module? No way!!!
I allready asked for it.

Many viewers, no answers.
Wel it's obvious that schematic info of this unit is lacking.
Great within a few years when more modules break down.
IcePower will not repair these modules; they simply throw them away...
They also believe repairing them will make them possibly unsafe?!
Great!

Although there is some interest in this module from B&O I have to inform every viewer that B&O wil NOT release any information about this unit.
"Ask the manufacturer that uses this module". But even they will not say anything because it's not made by them.
So to conclude:
If you have a broken one; throw it away, buy a new one and charge your customer a hefty fee. Cost about half of the host amp.
Very nice!
But yes, they do not break down easy...

For anyone viewing, I’m having this exact same problem, haven’t tried the wire, but only fe101 was burnt out for me. There is no designation for FE in and reference designator I can find. OP, what sort of wire did you use and did you just solder it on like any other component? Thanks, hope this works!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.