icepower 125asx2,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought 2 pieces icepower 125asx2 board online, but it looks like not the same as the official website shows!
please take a look, this is genuine or fake? thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    650 KB · Views: 1,310
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 1,231
They look close enough I think. The pictures you see online will most likely be of older versions and so they look a bit different.

In order to fake the module, you'd have to fake the heat sink (which is a custom extrusion), rebrand the controller/driver chips as ICC1/ICC3 (custom ICEpower ASICs) etc. I don't think that's worth it.

There are obvious fake ICEpower A-series modules on taobao, but they look nothing like the real thing.

/U.

Oscilloscope images!

They look close enough I think. The pictures you see online will most likely be of older versions and so they look a bit different.

In order to fake the module, you'd have to fake the heat sink (which is a custom extrusion), rebrand the controller/driver chips as ICC1/ICC3 (custom ICEpower ASICs) etc. I don't think that's worth it.

There are obvious fake ICEpower A-series modules on taobao, but they look nothing like the real thing.

/U.

BUT. now I DO think it's fake one, fake technology by incredible!
please check oscilloscope image.
BTL model, output O+ and O-, +24v bus, tow pieces of A and B.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 187
Please check the Font style

Based on the photos, I think these two boards are NOT genuine.
The Font show in the back side of the board is not correct.

Original Font adopted by ICEpower, since 500ASP, is a special "slim" type of font.

The font show in the back side of the board are more "rounded".

Fake Ice Power module?

Hi guys. Very interesting this. I bought in China (on ebay) an Ice Power module ASX125, and I have another that is original of an amplifier Aguilar Tone Hammer 350. Both seem exactly the same, but with a magnifying glass, they are not identical, there are small differences. In sound I think they sound exactly the same, but I have doubts. Is it a fake I Power module? How is it possible to copy this technology?: eek:

What are the differences? The 125ASX was launched more than 10 years ago, so if they are not the same age it's very possible that the two modules are not completely identical.

The differences are in the quality of the welds, the Chinese I.Power of Ebay is a bit more rough. After some component (film capacitors) are not equal, if they are of the same value, but the "Chinese" is a kind of capacitor that I see very often in certain cheap assemblies. The typography is slightly different in the graphics, and of course, the price!
As for the sound, I have not been able to find differences, I have not connected it to any analyzer, simply with my ear, they sound the same.
I've also heard that they are cheap copies, typical of Chinese but I'm not sure, and that's why this thread seemed very interesting to me. : scratch2:

I think it is very likely that most ICEPower 125ASX2 are "original" more or less. Obviously, all those modules are manufactured somewhere in China and many chinese Companies like SMSL use ICEPower Modules in their Amps. I think most or all of those modules come from the same factory or production line, as building a proper fake wouldn't be quite so easy. I guess some of them are not official ICEPower modules, more like "pulled of the assembly line" but I doubt someone would invest so much effort into manufacturing a fake product that is not very huge in the volume of total sales, compared to the original module. Also the "fakes" aren't super cheap but quite reasonable for what you are buying. Maybe they use some lesser grade components on these, but I have the strong belief they come from the same factory more or less.

I've still never seen a picture of a "fake" (imitation) ASX-module, so I would be really interested in seeing one... :rolleyes:

Sorry to refloat this thread but...

Is there any final consensus on "fake" iCEpower modules?

I am interested in buying a couple of 250A from eBay, but all of them seem to be shipped from China, and I am afraid they are fake... is there any way to tell?

Sorry to refloat this thread but...

Is there any final consensus on "fake" iCEpower modules?

I am interested in buying a couple of 250A from eBay, but all of them seem to be shipped from China, and I am afraid they are fake... is there any way to tell?

I have 2 modules 125ASX2, the first one is originally extracted from an Aguilar Amplifier, and the second one bought on Ebay. Viewed closely with practically the same! ebay has slightly less refined welds and little else, they are exactly the same but both have slight differences. The sound is identical, for many tests I have done blindly, I am not able to distinguish them. Where is the difference? Ice Power does not sell to retailers! then what option do we have?:confuso:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.