Clueless: Choosing a cheap bluetooth TPA3116 board from Aliexpress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone, I've been looking around on the forum for the past two days and I've found some very valuable information :) I'm looking to build 2.1 bluetooth audio system so based on what I learned here so far(I'm total noob audio components and electronics) and some further reasearch, I came accross these boards on Aliexpress,

W0jcbr3.png

Frss Shipping 24VDC 2.1 channel class D bluetooth 4.0 TPA3116 Input mode only Bluetooth input amplifier board 2*50W-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

1mwvevL.png

HIFI MINI TPA3116 2.1 200w subwoofer Bluetooth 4.0 stereo digital audio power amplifier board -in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I'm looking for something cheap which gets the job done decently. I'll be using a 19v 4amp laptop charger.

These are the speakers I will be using,

kSjTxWQ.jpg

1st one looks a little easier to get up and running as it supplies screw terminals (crap though) for the speakers. You would have to solder or supply your own connectors for the 2nd.

Agree, additionally I see from the pictures that the knob terminals are better spaced in the first board than the second one.

I'd go for the second one, as it features an additional line in. (I'd also suppose it to run cooler when pushed to the limit.)

Actually bluetooth would be the main use, but agree that an additional line in is always useful. Temperature may be an issue since the speakers are not so small (I could install bigger heatsinks on the first one though).

I've come accross another board that's interesting, it doesn't have bluetooth (bummer) but it has crossover capability which could help dial the subwoofer for optimal frecuency. So to get bluetooth I would need an external adapter plus a 19v to 5v USB stepdown module (to use the same laptop 19v adapter).

YYaUGDT.png

2.1 TPA3116 Hifi Class D Digital Amplifier Board 100W + 50W + 50W 50mA 12V 25V-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

X2XjGNW.png

1Pc DC 7V 24V To 5V 3A Step Down Buck KIS3R33S Module 5V USB Output Converter Hot Worldwide-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

KW8SeV6.png

Hot USB Bluetooth Music Audio Receiver Adapter 3.5mm Stereo Audio to Speaker Sound Box for Apple iPhone 4/5/5S/6 Plus-in Other Consumer Electronics from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

In your opinion, Does the crossover addition overcome the overhead of using more devices? Is there a better solution to this?

Just to muddy the waters :)

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/279582-amp-boards-onboard-bluetooth-control-buttons.html

Two further examples of Bluetooth amp boards. No aux in on either of them.

IMO, though an external bluetooth can work, you might have to fight interference before getting the setup working adequately.

Appreciate your input :) and those are nice boards but they don't have subwoofer output (let alone crossover capabilities), so they don't fit my requirements.

On your second thought, what do you mean by interference, how would it be reflected and what would cause it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.