I AM D v200, Fx Audio d802, optimisation and TPA3116

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
There is agitation aroud these 2 PWM amps on French forums.
Please have a look on the attached pic.
These amps are digital oriented as all inputs are digital.
The technologies looks interesting : no need for DAC ; it uses PWM technology.
Performances look very good.
There are ways for upgrades (power input, SPDIF conversion, capacitors,....)
What do you think about it?
How do you think it can sound?

v200-10.jpg

Hi,
I have some I.AM.D amplifiers, V110 and V200.
I am using SPDIF input and MiniDSP 4x10 active crossover.

I have modified the V110 with better power supply capacitors, Tentlabls clock on the TAS5548, and removed output filter and other components (coils and capacitors, optoisolators, etc).
I can remove these components because I am using the amplifiers to drive individual speaker drivers (no passive crossovers).

Power supply is Connexelectronic SPMS into TI TPS7A4700 LDO regulators.

I like the V110 and V200 amplifiers. I would like to hear what modifications other people have made!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi,

I have modified the V110 with better power supply capacitors, Tentlabls clock on the TAS5548, and removed output filter and other components (coils and capacitors, optoisolators, etc).
I can remove these components because I am using the amplifiers to drive individual speaker drivers (no passive crossovers).

I like the V110 and V200 amplifiers. I would like to hear what modifications other people have made!

Cheers,
Mike

Very interesting, I am very curious of how it sounds with better components (coilcrafts inductors, ...)

Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
Hi,

Cheers,
Mike

Hi,

2 mods :

- add two 10uF over C3 and C13 on V200, please check on TAS5548 datasheet it seems to be strongly advised.
You can see the 2 small caps on the picture on the right.

DVDD1 35 P 3.3-V digital power supply. (It is recommended that decoupling capacitors of 0.1 μF and 10 μF be mounted close to this pin).
DVDD2 14 P 3.3-V digital power supply for PWM. (It is recommended that decoupling capacitors of 0.1 μF and 10 μF be mounted close to this pin).
Have done that one and it makes clearly a difference.
- change spdif output as sc8416 seems to be obsolete with ak4113. Taped of I2S output. Can give more details if needed.
It seems to bring a massive difference. Not done yet as the new receiver card is still to come.

credit to the french forumer globulgl

I.AM.D V200 : Amplis - Page 93

happy to help if needed

Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
Last edited:
Sorry it's a SPDIF input as you'd probably guessed.

Actually there is an I2S input that you can use in using the aux input

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So you can either use the I2S input with an I2S device or create a new and improved SPDIF input with a card like this

AK4113 Digital receiver board SPDIF to I2S converter softwear control LCD new -in LCD Modules from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Cheers

Oli

Hi Oli,

Is there also an I2S input on connector P23? This is right next to TAS5548.

It seems as though this is the I2S from the CM6631, related to the SPDIF input.

Cheers,
Mike

G,day,
Got my first fx-audio d802 back in June. At the time I was looking at a basic amp that had a digital input and a remote to set up some music for the BBQ area. When it turned up I hooked it up to a set of old speakers to see what it was like. I wasn't expecting too much, my previous although limited experience with class d wasn't mind blowing. This was surprising. It wasn't long before it was hooked up to my mains and it wasn't long after that my valve amp went into semi retirement. These little things really are amazing! I've since bought another 2.
And yes I discovered that French site whilst trying to find out if anyone else had discovered these beauties.

regards

Also, did you managed to find out a second I2S input ?

Yup running the C3/C13 cap mod. 10uF OSCONs.

Also now running a Twisted Pear Trident regulator on the AVCC supply to the TAS5548. Nice mod.

I believe there's an I2S input on P23, can't confirm yet. I haven't tested I2S input at all yet, been working on the car instead...

Long weekend coming up so I hope to post some progress!

Cheers,
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.