I AM D v200, Fx Audio d802, optimisation and TPA3116

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AVCC module mounted. Only using one output.

Looks like this would fit nicely across C2 and C14, to make use of the dual outputs to feed AVDD and AVDD_PWM separately. Power from pin 1 of P23.
You have to change the pinout of the AVCC module at one end.

You have to figure out which traces to cut so that only pin 9 and pin 50 are fed from the AVCC module.

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• WP_20151101_005.jpg
    WP_20151101_005.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 693
  • WP_20151101_004.jpg
    WP_20151101_004.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 643
  • WP_20151101_003.jpg
    WP_20151101_003.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 640
  • WP_20151101_002.jpg
    WP_20151101_002.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 647
Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
Hi Mike,

thanks for that, will try when I get back home. Hopefully I didn't fried everything :D

So if I understand correctly, you powered up separely AVDD et DVDD, analog and digital parts. Did you notice a significant improvement ?

BTW, congrats for the world cup ;)

Cheers

olly

Hi Mike,

thanks for that, will try when I get back home. Hopefully I didn't fried everything :D

So if I understand correctly, you powered up separely AVDD et DVDD, analog and digital parts. Did you notice a significant improvement ?

BTW, congrats for the world cup ;)

Cheers

olly

Thanks! Great game.

Well, I managed to fry my amplifier, when I connected the Twisted Pear AVCC module to AVDD and AVDD_PWM separately. Not sure how, maybe I damaged a capacitor or something when I soldered it.

More likely is that I ended up with some oscillation that damaged the AVDD_PWM supply. The amp worked OK at high volumes but cut out at low volumes. Something not right. Tried to put it back to standard and ended up destroying some traces...

So, I can't recommend using the AVCC module at this time. I'll try again with a Twisted Pear Trident regulator set to 3.3V.

Cheers,
Mike

Just to clarify: The V200.7 amplifier is different to the V200.6. The connector I2s input shown earlier in this thread cannot be used.

All I want are 3 identical amplifiers - they change the design so quickly I don't think I'll ever get there!

OK so a little bit of detective work with a continuity tester and the TAS5548 and 74HC253D datasheets seems to indicate that the pinout for the AUX I2S connector (on the V200.6 amplifier) and for the P23 connector (on both amplifiers) are the same, at least for the first 5 pins.

The 74HC253D just muxs the P23 data to the SDIN2 input of the TAS5548, instead of the SDIN3 input used by the AUX on the V200.6 amplifier.

So the way I read it is this (and don't take my word for it...)

Connector P23:
P1 = 5V
P2 = GND
P3 = DATA
P4 = BCK
P5 = LRCK

OK time to fire up the soldering iron!

Last edited:
I bought the LPS200 power supply at the same time. It arrived damaged due to the transformer mot being secured correctly in the power supply case. Can't use it.

Here's what I asked, prior to purchasing the amplifier:

Hi Claire,
I was wrong, I purchased from another supplier (store 1142108). My apologies!

However I have read on Diyaudio and the French audiophile forum that you can answer questions on the amplifier, so I would like to purchase from you

I now own a V110 amplifier and two V200 amplifiers. The V200 amplifiers are version V200.6. I have attached a photo. WP_20151018_001.jpg

I need three identical v200 amplifiers for my speakers. Can you supply V200.6? (mine

I use a miniDSP active crossover, which has I2S outputs. I read your comment on the French forum, the next version amplifier will not have access to I2S??? Anyway, I would prefer V200.6...

Thanks,
Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your information to me, so that right now you need one amplifier more with a LPS200 linear power supply?

Yes for the new version, only have SPDIF output for the USB now, thanks

Hi Claire, yes correct. One amplifier more with a LPS200 linear power supply.

I need the same pinout (same functions at pins) on the connector at the side where I have connected my cable, and also at p23 between TAS5548 and TAS5614LA. Can you supply?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello we didn't change anything except for USB channel

Last edited:
Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
Hi Mike

I also understood v200.7 doesn't have a I2S input anymore, even if they stated the amp haven't changed.
Did you eventually managed to get a third V200.6 from Claire ?

Just got back home, didn't get much time to implement anything new on my V200 yet.

Just ordered a V110 to see how it plays vs a V200 ;)

Last edited:
Hi Mike

I also understood v200.7 doesn't have a I2S input anymore, even if they stated the amp haven't changed.
Did you eventually managed to get a third V200.6 from Claire ?

Just got back home, didn't get much time to implement anything new on my V200 yet.

Just ordered a V110 to see how it plays vs a V200 ;)

No, couldn't get a third V200.6 from them Dunno if it's a language barrier thing or they just haven't figured out they need to support superceded products, but no go.

I bet you don't get your V110. I bet you get a message saying that it is no longer available and would you like to upgrade to the shiny new V200? :rolleyes:

Haven't sent the PSU back yet. Have offered them a deal, lets see if they go for it.

In the meantime, looks like the V200 amp is no longer on the menu if it can't do I2S. Shame.

Have sent a PM to globulegl, he might be able to stir up a solution :smash:

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.