I AM D v200, Fx Audio d802, optimisation and TPA3116

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
Yup running the C3/C13 cap mod. 10uF OSCONs.

Also now running a Twisted Pear Trident regulator on the AVCC supply to the TAS5548. Nice mod.

I believe there's an I2S input on P23, can't confirm yet. I haven't tested I2S input at all yet, been working on the car instead...

Long weekend coming up so I hope to post some progress!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi,

So a good regulator on AVDD supply would be the next mod for me. Can't find any AVCC, could you please confirm that AVCC was a typo ?
Thanks for sharing

Also, consider replacing the nasty 7812 with a new regulated 12V line. V200 is definitely more balanced. Very nice mod.

Cheers
Olly

NB : a car in working order could be useful too :)

Last edited:
Yup typo. AVDD. From memory you need to cut the trace to C15 (on the top of the board) and connect the regulator across C15. There's 5V supply available on P23, convenient.

Thanks for the suggestion on the 7812, I'll try a TPS7A4700 here.

I'll take some photos on the weekend, when the rugby isn't on...

Cheers, Mike

Hey guys,

I found out about the v200 a little while ago and just stumbled across your mod thread.

How difficult are the upgrades you all are doing? II've done two minor soldering repairs in my entire life, so I'm not sure if I should attempt it or not.

I guess I need to order the amp first, before I start thinking about the upgrades ;)

Previously known as: MyNaim
Joined 2009
New XTAL output is 1.4V, hopefully it's ok.

Can't get my new clock to work. I've connected the new clock output to XTAL1 (Y16 side of the previous xtal), removed the 2 capacitors C378 and C379.
Should I need to connect XTAL0 to GND ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Cheers

Olly

Last edited:
v200-tcxo.jpg

v200 tcxo . i use KDS DSB535SA SMD TCXO

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.