Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3251d2
TPA3251d2
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2020, 02:49 PM   #1541
rhing is offline rhing  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
I ordered the Aiyima 3251 from Amazon after reading through everyone's posts here and at Audio Circles and received it yesterday after 3 weeks .
Wow, for fifty dollars it is a bargain . Thank you for the tips to this amp.
It is the black pcb model and appears well made and clean .
I used a 24 volt smps as the 32 volt one I have didn't want to fit the Aiyima's power plug with it's pin .
Today I am going to order a 32 ps from Altima.
There does not seem to be a lot of bass , lean in that department although I am using Seas 8 inch full range speakers...
Which opamps are upgrades over the stock one that are direct replacements without adaptors ?
Thanks
From only my experience, I would consider the OPA627AU or OPA1655 op amps, but they can only work with adapters. The adapters actually make swapping op amps very easy. There are probably dual op amps in PDIP-8 packages like the stock NE5532 op amps that can improve frequency response, especially, especially with bass. Certainly, the OPA627AU op amps will provide sound quality that you would prefer.
Old 23rd May 2020, 03:11 PM   #1542
kevinr is online now kevinr  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for that reply rhing.
Which adaptor should I get to use the OPA627 op amps with that will fit on the board in the Aiyima ?
I looked at the alice1101983 seller you referenced in another post but was kind of overwhelmed by all the different items listed.

thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 03:53 PM   #1543
diyAudio Member

Buy a pair of the DIP8-mounted OPA627AU op amps. Each adapter has two OPA627AU op amps, one on top and one on the bottom. If you want a more neutral sound, the OPA1656 op amps are a great choice. You can get these mounted on DIP8 adapters too.
Old 23rd May 2020, 04:40 PM   #1544
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Buy a pair of the DIP8-mounted OPA627AU op amps. Each adapter has two OPA627AU op amps, one on top and one on the bottom. If you want a more neutral sound, the OPA1656 op amps are a great choice. You can get these mounted on DIP8 adapters too.
Old 23rd May 2020, 06:09 PM   #1545
bushellj is offline bushellj  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I ordered the Aiyima 3251 from Amazon after reading through everyone's posts here and at Audio Circles and received it yesterday after 3 weeks .
Wow, for fifty dollars it is a bargain . Thank you for the tips to this amp.
It is the black pcb model and appears well made and clean .
I used a 24 volt smps as the 32 volt one I have didn't want to fit the Aiyima's power plug with it's pin .
Today I am going to order a 32 ps from Altima.
There does not seem to be a lot of bass , lean in that department although I am using Seas 8 inch full range speakers.
I am transitioning from class A and class AB tube amps to something with a single knob that my wife can operate that isn't a heat pump in summer.
Listening to a CD of the Rhino Best of the Searchers there is excellent sound although it can't match the depth of sound that my tube amps had.
Which opamps are upgrades over the stock one that are direct replacements without adaptors ?
Thanks

I think you will find that most of the more recent Op-Amps are not available in a DIL8 Package - Hence people are using adapters. Some of us are finding the OPA1656 to be a good match for this amplifier and in my case I think it certainly improved the Bass even though my little KEF Q15 Bookshelf speakers only have a 5.5inch woofer ! I am still waiting for delivery of a pair of OPA627AU Op-Amps on adapters so I cant comment yet - These can be rather expensive !!

Laptop style Power Supplies can be a bit Hit and Miss. I tend to stick with brands such as the Mean Well LRS-200-24 which can be set to 30 volts. Does not come in a case though !!

James.

Last edited by bushellj; 23rd May 2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 23rd May 2020, 07:39 PM   #1546
Rob43 is offline Rob43  United States
diyAudio Member

If you haven't ordered your PSU yet, order this one from Mouser USA. It's a real Meanwell PSU, not a clone. Then adjust the voltage pot. fully down to yield roughly ~32 volts.

LRS-200-36 MEAN WELL | Mouser

Rob43
Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:15 PM   #1547
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link Rob, I appreciate it.

By the way , there is zero hiss even with the Altima 3251 turned almost all the way up .
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post.

I might have to see if TI is running any more sale promotions and pick up a 3251 board from them .
Until recently I had planned on getting an Icepower board but then read of some cap failures people are having with them.
Old 24th May 2020, 12:35 AM   #1548
diyAudio Member

Not sure you would gain anything with a TI TPA3251EVM module over the Aiyima TPA3251 unless you want to vary the configurations (i.e., PBTL, SE, BTL, etc.).
Old 24th May 2020, 07:58 AM   #1549
daniboun is offline daniboun  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for the link Rob, I appreciate it.

By the way , there is zero hiss even with the Altima 3251 turned almost all the way up .
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post.
I might have to see if TI is running any more sale promotions and pick up a 3251 board from them .
Until recently I had planned on getting an Icepower board but then read of some cap failures people are having with them.
I agree with James. If you a want a real improvement with TPA32XX boards, best option is XRK Audio or 360 Customs but these amps are really expensive.
I wonder why the Chinese boards do not have PFFB on it... what a pity )
That being said, the Aiyima 3251 is a jewel for its price and you will hear a clear difference with the OP amps update.

Last edited by daniboun; 24th May 2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old 24th May 2020, 10:35 AM   #1550
drMordor is online now drMordor  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhing View Post
????? ???????

TPA3251d2Hide this!Advertise here!