Automotive UcD high-quality power amplifier 2x100W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just put this in spice, and it seems to be unstable when output signal is at 75% of Vcc, maybe we can repair this ?! I have seen this method in some paper, can not recall where: But here THD rises as frequency increases but it is always below UCD original. My simulation shows 0,0003% at 200 hz, 0,002 at 1 khz, 0,004 at 3 khz, 0,04 at 10 khz, but it is always better then original UCD.

Can you please link this N core design you made ?
Simulation in microсap shows that everything is OK. As practice too. To the parent topic (in Russian forum) added picture clipping.
Àâòîìîáèëüíûé ñàìîîñöèëëèðóþùèé âûñîêîêà÷åñòâåííûé ñòåðåî óñèëèòåëü 2õ100Âò
The attachment model modulator latest version. MC11

Here is the link to the ncore project. (approximately 20 pieces already manufactured) Óñèëèòåëüíûé ìîäóëü ïî ìîòèâàì ncore
I'm sorry - in Russian lang. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MDR 3_32.ZIP
    11.4 KB · Views: 148
Simulation in microсap shows that everything is OK. As practice too. To the parent topic (in Russian forum) added picture clipping.
Àâòîìîáèëüíûé ñàìîîñöèëëèðóþùèé âûñîêîêà÷åñòâåííûé ñòåðåî óñèëèòåëü 2õ100Âò
The attachment model modulator latest version. MC11

Here is the link to the ncore project. (approximately 20 pieces already manufactured) Óñèëèòåëüíûé ìîäóëü ïî ìîòèâàì ncore
I'm sorry - in Russian lang. :rolleyes:

I can not open this with LT spice, what software should I use ?

But this Ncore is basicly UCd with integrator (UCD+) and symmetrical, I do not see benefit in this symmetry ?

What is the purpose of this "transistor circuit" at the feedback of integrator ?

Last edited:
integrator amplitude limiter
i use microcap11.

differential modulator was designed to bridge output stage, but it works fine jointly half-bridge.
Symmetry is very important to suppress the output stage interference caused by nonoptimal PCB layout

What would happen without that limiter ?

Output stage interference: Interference between what, please explain.

But if we have two identical class D amplifiers and connect them in bridge mode, would not this asymmetry be reduced?

new, improved version
2x300W, distortion 1/10 max power less than 0.0015%, 1/2 power less than 0.004%

The output half-bridge is assembled IRS20957 and IRFB5615 transistors. The modulator is assembled on a comparator ad8561 and a differential opamp opa1632. The preamplifier used a circuit without capacitors in the sound, on the OPA1612, output on the opa 1632 and a servo in the loop of the preamplifier on lme49724.

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 266
  • MDR.JPG
    MDR.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 261
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.