41Hz forum dump

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Forums are stored in databases. I do not think waybackmachine can archive databases, because typically the db files are not directly accessible via http, ftp, or any other internet protocol. They reside on the back-end, often on an entirely different server (but not necessarily). Every page view on a forum is in fact generated by php code (usually) which issues queries to the database and then builds the page based on the returned data.

The only ways to resurrect the data would be to gain access to the db file and then either build a new site which can query the db, or to get the db up and running and then do a database dump. The resulting db dump file would be nearly useless for a human to try to read.

In other words; you are out of luck.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
But in order to have access to all those pages indefinitely, they would all need to be crawled and archived individually and permanently. Neither waybackmachine nor google does this, as far as I know.

Once the site is down, which is the case with 41Hz, it is impossible to crawl. A link to the pages is useless if the server no longer contains the data.

I wish you luck. You will need it.

Last edited:
Well, I don't need luck, since there is nothing to find. waybackmachine has crawled only part of the site, not the whole site, so there is nothing to find except some bits of info from a number of threads. That's all. Btw, that is what a crawler does. It navigates all available links, download the content and visits the new available links (using a number of policies). And I believe that google indexes the whole diyaudio forum for example.

What do you need in particular?
I think I might have a fair bit of the PDF files with building instructions, BOM etc.

Otherwise, maybe V-bro might be able to help?

Do you have a way to contact him? He just up and left here two years ago. Slightly curious what the circumstances were (but not that much)
I can live without the forum but frankly I just want the shop to be back up, the amps Jan put together were pretty special, and by an large still unmatched, I still don't see an equivalent to the amp32 anywhere.

The amp32 was very cool. I used it for a fair amount of projects myself.

I have an email for V-bro. I know there was some mud throwing back and forth between him and the chinese T-amp manufacturers. I stayed out of it, but will agree that none of the Chinese amps sound as good out of the box as the 41hz amps and I have tried quite a few.

That looks very neat! I have tried a fair amount of the TPA amps, but have yet to prefer them over my modded 2024 or TK2050 T-amps. The very short leads look promising and the inductors look fair compared to the chinese offerings. I normally swap in the Tripath recommended red toroids as it makes a large difference to me.

For that price however you can get many 2024 amps or a TK2050 amp. It might be great for particular needs however.

The particular need would be as a replacement for a amp32. Or if you just need an amp capable of doing 2x42W rms (18.3V+ supply, 4ohm load*) in physically miniature size. It's the same size as amp32 which means 25x38mm. Doubt you'll find any cheap Chinese amps in that size with even remotely the same output power capability or sound quality. The Coilcraft inductors are virtually identical to the Sagami inductors the 41hz amps used.

*The chip is virtual rail limited so any supply voltage over 18.3V will be ignored and virtually railed to 18.3V.

41Hz amp15-PS XP Build

Hi all, I successfully built a Chipamp from chipamp.com (the dual mono LM3886), and a very sweet amp it is.
I started a 41hz amp15-ps xp and am nearing completion but need some documentation to finish it.
I'm well aware of 41hz failings, but someone out there must have something on it.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance guys/.