Increasing power of PAM8403 3W+3W amplifier board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:h_ache: Amplifier board is 3W + 3W PAM8403 (datasheet) class D.
I've a few speakers 4Ohms 5W
sku_218845_1.jpg

As I'm not familiar with class D.
:confused: So to have more power in a large place, not to have something very loud but having a good repartition, can I:
- Use 1 amplifier, left + right to the same speaker, and so using a second amplifier left + right for a second speaker? By simply soldering left and right input together.
- Or using 4 speakers (Parallel? Serial?) and doing the same bridge mixing L+R outputs.
- Or do I have to use 2 amplifier boards and 4 speakers, but wiring from left to left and right to right, (so in my case having a certain lenght of wiring which seems not to be too good)... and adding 2 lefts input together, and 2 right inputs together.
...And to go further, can I use 8 or 16 speakers connected to 4? 8? PAM8403 to have a nice repartition of sound in a large place.
Any professionnal suggestion is welcome, and I hope you'll understand my french accent :crazy:
After that a little operation on how to multiply and add all these Watts, Volts, and Ohms is also welcome to choose my 5V DC power In

Since these little puppies are so cheap on Taobao (1.2rmb or around $0.20) I've also given the issue of increasing the power some thought. I only came up with using output transformers. Your output power is limited by the voltage swing, so you need a trafo to step-up the voltage. If you wind your own trafo you can dedicate a primary winding to each amp, then choose the appropriate number of secondary turns. So for example with 4 primary windings each driven by an amp you could arrange the secondary to deliver 12W (minus a small loss due to the trafo's resistance).

Thank you for the answer... And this nice drawing that makes things very clear.
I'm gonna try it like this.
This means:
- No problem to split the input and send it to that many devices?
- No problem to bridge Right and Left input on each PAM8403?
(Because people say that it's not something good on a class D amplifier)
- Each PCB PAM8403 becomes here a mono amplifier?
- Speakers stay in 4 Ohms?
- DC supply to use in this case should be 5V / 36W ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.