TRIANGULAR or SAWTOOTH which is best for CLASS-D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tripath has a patent on filtering at the output of the coil?

http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bnsviewer?CY=ch&LG=de&DB=EPD&PN=US2001026196&ID=US2001026196A1+I+

Why they don't use this?

I don't know since I am not Tripath ;) . but maybe the Tripath guy who frequents this forum might know.

Regards

Charles

BTW: You guys are all GUILTY of what is going to happen this weekend: I will start building a carrier-based class-d amp prototype with mixed feedback takeoff. :devilr:

Commentable Thoughts

Hello Mr JAN PETER
GLAD TO SEE U IN MY THREAD!
I have also visited ur Website which in Comparision to KM,s is very illustrative and to the technical point.
KM was just thinking that I was pestering the people[This is not my kind of act] .
But Sir, from viewing ur comment I think u r Rite Fellow For Discussion.
A little intro about my self.
SIR I am from India and I have Technical expertise in field of Linear Amps of about 6 Years in Professional Audio., but the technology is changing very rapidly So I decided about the project on Class-D amps.
So can u PLZ tell me What is Better and why?
Triangular or Sawtooth

With Sincere Regards
Ampman

Phase Accurate,

I read the patent of Tripath, quit complex!

Please take a look on the patent of the UcD much simpeler, and in a way no compensating of some problems in the feedbackpath.

The UcD uses the delays and the "problem of the outputcoil" to create the oscillation.

Anyway goodluck with your "weekendproject" ;-))

Amp_man_1:
No thanks, altough we don't discuss anymore your topic.

Advantage Class-D versus Analog?
-Heat is much lower.
-Efficience is much higher.
-Size and weight is smaller/lower.

Disadvantage:
- much more complex.
- problems with EMC rules. We have it very good unther control now.
- normaly higher THD, altough ICEpower & Philips UcD is quit ok.

Do you also have a website?

Jan-Peter

www.hypex.nl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.