Problem with Hypex Ncore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wish I had a better explanation for why the DC environment isn't nearly as good of a place to filter.

So do I.

This guy has been changing output cap filters with some great feedback. EVS Homepage
Ah, brilliant reference. One of his products is "Ground Enhancers":

These Ground Enhancers are simply tuned pieces of fine copper litz wire that add a low impedance localized ground storage that enhance the sound in ways that are dumbfounding. Actually, no one really knows what they are doing, but this makes the most sense. The only thing that matters is that they work....and by work I mean make the sound much better.....as in: more vivid, more bass, tighter bass, more extended highs, lower distortion, cleaner transients, more musical.....well, you get the idea.....most everything is improved.
Quite. I am sure it is based on solid engineering and science.

Koi,

Maybe it is wise to use the advised power supply recommended by Hypex.

Or is this a Hypex bashing thread after you left a Dutch diyaudio forum doing the same?:nownow:

moderator i got threat mail from ds23man,please remove him from forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 405
Julf, I can't tell you about the EVS ground enhancers.

Ric isn't a references for anything I've mentioned. I'm just saying he's had success in improving the output filter. Specifically making it have more capacitors that are WIMA just like the stock board, but with copper leads. There is no relation. I'm not sure why you think there could be.

He's been modding gear for awhile and is well respected by those that know him. Here's someone that bought some caps from him to do the mod.

image.php

As far as AC and DC filtration, I'll get back to anyone when I figure out why exactly. For now it's just simple electronics mostly, done right, and always given a lengthy listen for merit vs. measurement.

Julf, I can't tell you about the EVS ground enhancers.

Ric isn't a references for anything I've mentioned. I'm just saying he's had success in improving the output filter. Specifically making it have more capacitors that are WIMA just like the stock board, but with copper leads. There is no relation. I'm not sure why you think there could be.

He's been modding gear for awhile and is well respected by those that know him. Here's someone that bought some caps from him to do the mod.

Well, his description of the ground enhancers (aren't they made and marketed by Ric too, so there is a connection) makes me think he knows more about fairy tales and human psychology/gullibility than about electronics.

As far as AC and DC filtration, I'll get back to anyone when I figure out why exactly. For now it's just simple electronics mostly, done right, and always given a lengthy listen for merit vs. measurement.
So just to check, you are making statements like

Most SMPS's seem to offer filtration to keep noise from coming in, but don't often have a low inductance path out. As much resonation is possible, so is noise. They may have low resistance so decoupling caps work. AC filtration and/or low inductance path is better than DC filtration.
but are saying you yourself don't really know why that would be?

Julf I can't tell whether you're being a troll so you can nit-pick things I say for any potential issue, or are generally interested. If this helps, AC chooses the lowest inductance path, so keep that in mind.

SMPS's rarely have good copper pours for large low inductance planes. There's a lot of parts preventing that (some that may add their own impedance). Some day I may have to do some expermints and checks on the IC's used in them.

If everyone used Hypex units I'd probably have less to say. They have better input filters, better parts, and more decoupling. But I'm not convinced they superior for PSU.

Julf I can't tell whether you're being a troll so you can nit-pick things I say for any potential issue, or are generally interested.

No, not trolling or nit-picking, but sceptical about unsupported arguments and speculation.

SMPS's rarely have good copper pours for large low inductance planes.
That might be true as a general statement, but does it apply to the Hypex SMPS?

If everyone used Hypex units I'd probably have less to say. They have better input filters, better parts, and more decoupling. But I'm not convinced they superior for PSU.
I am not convinced they aren't. I am merely asking for factual reasons that might convince me.

yesterday, i have found the problem.

The problem was HF interference from the router who is sitting behind my desk.
my other amp whom i used for testing had the same interference when on the desk. And not in my audiorack.
I was looking in the wrong direction because changing the powersupply stoped the noise.
I will try some HF protection in the signal and powersupply line and try again.

So it is not recommended to use audio equipment and HF sources near to each other, but that alredy everybody knows.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.